Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to do some research on housing prices here and need some informed responses. Specifically, I am looking for:

Building/Community/OA Service Fees for buildings in:
Business Bay
JBR
Marina
JLT
Springs
Tecom

If you currently own a place here, can you please provide me with:

1) Building name
2) Registered square footage
3) Service fees per square foot
4) any extra caveats regarding the service fees (i.e. does it include your parking spaces, balconies, etc.)
5) Any issues that your OA is having that you are willing to disclose (central cooling, services turned off, delinquent payments by other owners, etc.)

Feel free to Private Message me or to respond here. I'm not looking for input from the peanut gallery - "it is so expensive" or "it is a bad idea to buy here" or any other nonsense. Only looking for informed opinions from actual owners.

Thanks

-md000/Mike

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Thats asking for the service charges for pretty much the whole of Dubai, you need to make a decision on the area you want to live in first, otherwise your going to be lost.

Service charges start from 5 AED per sqft up to 50 AED per sqft.

Every developer and every OA is different so they may be having problems individually with the master developer or developer of the individual tower.

are you buying for rental yield, to live in yourself??

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats asking for the service charges for pretty much the whole of Dubai, you need to make a decision on the area you want to live in first, otherwise your going to be lost.
That is why I put those specific areas, for now. It is a broad scan at the moment and we want to get a rough idea in those areas.

Service charges start from 5 AED per sqft up to 50 AED per sqft.
Is this an informed number, or are you just taking a guess from what gulfnews/thenational/namethenewssource has stated? Please let me restate: Are you an owner? If yes, how much do you pay? If you are not a current owner, please ignore this message, as you belong to the peanut gallery.

Every developer and every OA is different so they may be having problems individually with the master developer or developer of the individual tower.
Some days.......

are you buying for rental yield, to live in yourself??
Does it matter? (rhetorical question)

My apologies for being a bit snarky, but I am trying to collect data, not opinions.

-md000/Mike

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I can assure you I' am no peanut, I know more about real estate here then anyone else.

I don't get any data from Gulf News or any other newspaper here, It is not to be relied on.

The following are for apartments I own in Downtown which may be an area you consider when you start looking.

All figures are in AED - BUA is Built Up Area

Southridge - 12.45 AED inc balcony, 5.52 CHILLER - BUA only
Residences Phase 1- 15.83 AED inc balcony, 6.83 CHILLER - BUA only
Residences Phase 2 - 16.04 AED inc balcony, 5.46 CHILLER - BUA only
8 Blvd Walk - 11.44 AED inc balcony, 5.54 CHILLER - BUA only
Boulevard Plaza - 21.75 AED inc balcony
Burj Views - 17.87 AED inc balcony, 5.83 CHILLER - BUA only
Lofts - 13.28 AED inc balcony, 6.00 CHILLER - BUA only

Owners associations for these apartments have not encountered many issues so far, I haven't had much contact with them, the last bulletin was asking Emaar (Master Developer) to produce audited accounts to show where the service charge money goes which was a key point all owners wanted to get across.

Reactions: md000

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is great information Marc. Thank you. While we aren't considering Downtown, this starts me in the right direction of getting a rough estimate.

I know that each building is going to be different, but creating a first cut budget without having more reliable numbers is difficult.

Right now, we are trying to balance: villa vs. apartment. I've never lived in/owned a property that had an OA that I was responsible for (even back "home" my parents owned a plot with a house in the middle).

-md000/Mike

I can assure you I' am no peanut, I know more about real estate here then anyone else.

I don't get any data from Gulf News or any other newspaper here, It is not to be relied on.

The following are for apartments I own in Downtown which may be an area you consider when you start looking.

All figures are in AED - BUA is Built Up Area

Southridge - 12.45 AED inc balcony, 5.52 CHILLER - BUA only
Residences Phase 1- 15.83 AED inc balcony, 6.83 CHILLER - BUA only
Residences Phase 2 - 16.04 AED inc balcony, 5.46 CHILLER - BUA only
8 Blvd Walk - 11.44 AED inc balcony, 5.54 CHILLER - BUA only
Boulevard Plaza - 21.75 AED inc balcony
Burj Views - 17.87 AED inc balcony, 5.83 CHILLER - BUA only
Lofts - 13.28 AED inc balcony, 6.00 CHILLER - BUA only

Owners associations for these apartments have not encountered many issues so far, I haven't had much contact with them, the last bulletin was asking Emaar (Master Developer) to produce audited accounts to show where the service charge money goes which was a key point all owners wanted to get across.

·
Registered
4 Posts
can someone give info. about chiller fee and service charge per square foot in JLT? If u have one pls. share... Au, Ag, Almas, Armada, Laguna Tower, Wind Towers, Dubai Gate1-2, 1 Lake Plaza, The Palladium, Icon 1-2, HDS, Lake Shore, Madina Tower, Indigo, Lake Side, V3, AlShera, Mazaya, Tiffany...etc.:noidea:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.