Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Does anyone own a 2008 for explorer?? I'm thinking about buying one and guy selling it insists the AC is good in the summer but just wanted to hear if anyone else has one and can confirm this??

Cheers
JP

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Yes, my wife drives a 2008 Ford Explorer daily and loves it.

Knock on wood, it has 90,000+ km now and no issue whatsoever. The AC is cold...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I owned an explorer sport in 2008 and the AC is great. You have the option of AC and max AC, which I could never understand why. Just have one and make it very cold.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers folks. Got it mixed up it was a 2007 but I don't suppose there should be to much of a difference.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I owned an explorer sport in 2008 and the AC is great. You have the option of AC and max AC, which I could never understand why. Just have one and make it very cold.
AC max forces the air in circulation mode, cooling the cabin faster. Ford generally has a very good AC. I know several people that have an previous model Explorer, and they are praising it. Conservative design, save and comfortable; but not very economical..... I think you cannot go wrong with these cars.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
cheers folks. Got it mixed up it was a 2007 but I don't suppose there should be to much of a difference.
Don't think there is any difference.

We had a 2003 Ford Explorer while in Abu Dhabi, then bought the 2008 model when moved to Dubai. Other than the interior lay-out, both drive very similar (same engine size, etc) and cold AC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts