Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have got a teaching job in Dubai at a Gems School, quite exciting!! It would be great to know if anyone else is moving to Dubai this summer to Teach?
I have a seen a few older post's but nothing that recent.

LM

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, I am in the interview process with a GEMS school! I'm very hopeful that it will work out. If it does i'd love to keep in touch! I have visited some GEMS school when I was there last month, including GEMS World Academy...it looks very nice!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hiya

I'm moving out to teach in Aug at SRS. Scared and excited all at the same time!!

I'm in contact with a couple of people going out and we are hoping to meet up in the UK before we go so that we know some people when we get out! PM if you like and when we make out arrangements your welcome to join us.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya

I'm moving out to teach in Aug at SRS. Scared and excited all at the same time!!

I'm in contact with a couple of people going out and we are hoping to meet up in the UK before we go so that we know some people when we get out! PM if you like and when we make out arrangements your welcome to join us.
Oh brilliant! think i can work out how to pm on here..!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,

I'm also moving in august, I have a secondary teaching job. Very exciting but daunting too! Would be great to make some contacts so I'm not completely alone!!!

:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all,

I'm also moving in august, I have a secondary teaching job. Very exciting but daunting too! Would be great to make some contacts so I'm not completely alone!!!

:)
Hi, I am going out alone too. So would be great to keep in touch. Do you have accommodation with your package?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi :) When I started applying in December, it seemed so far away, but now everything is coming around so fast. Just in the process of sorting all of my visa paperwork out, stress!

Yeah I do get accomodation, a furnished apartment but am not sure where yet. I pay the bills though! Do you?

·
Registered
70 Posts
LM2012 said:
Hi, I am going out alone too. So would be great to keep in touch. Do you have accommodation with your package?
Me too!! Did u see piece in gulf news re standardised school year? Had calendar for 2012/13!! Would be great to know a few others travelling solo!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Me too!! Did u see piece in gulf news re standardised school year? Had calendar for 2012/13!! Would be great to know a few others travelling solo!!
Interesting! Seems like a later start and finish? Has this definitely been approved as I was looking at me new schools calendar for 2012/13! We need to start a group for those moving this summer! Instant friends!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mags_84 said:
Interesting! Seems like a later start and finish? Has this definitely been approved as I was looking at me new schools calendar for 2012/13! We need to start a group for those moving this summer! Instant friends!
Don't know!! I hope they squeeze some mid term breaks in there!! Group sounds grt! I'll pm u!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Might be easier to start one via Facebook? What do you think?

I've got accommodation with my package in Mirdif near festival city!

·
Registered
70 Posts
MissS_185 said:
Might be easier to start one via Facebook? What do you think?

I've got accommodation with my package in Mirdif near festival city!
Good idea! I'm friends with the girls above already! I'll pm you my email.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did 3 years at RDS, lived in Mirdif and loved it. I'm heading back to work at DSO this September. Dubai is a cracking place to live. For the lady organising her own accommodation- Dubizzle is a great site for apartments, secondhand cars and furniture.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all, I'm moving out in August on my own too. Taking up a teaching post at a GEMS secondary school. I'd like to be a part of the group on fb too. It's making me happy to see others in same boat as I was getting a bit nervous.

Gem

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes I am heading to Dubai too! I am a primary teacher and I will be living in Mirdiff. I went to the UAE alone the first time but now I am returning with a friend. Whilst school can be great for having ready-made friends, your life can revolve around the place. Its good to have an outlet outside of work. The FB groups sounds like a good idea, I ll try and find it on FB!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oooooo - got some members now!! Exciting!! Yes I'm Sarah! I'm going to be living in Mirdif as well. It makes you feel less anxious knowing that we're all in the same position and that we will know people now when we go!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oooooo - got some members now!! Exciting!! Yes I'm Sarah! I'm going to be living in Mirdif as well. It makes you feel less anxious knowing that we're all in the same position and that we will know people now when we go!!
Thats great! How do you join the FB group? I tried searching and nothing came up.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts