Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just took an apt on in there and they have a moving in policy of having to get a pass... now, im only just here from the UK so i have nothing to move in essentially (glad the place has a bed!).

So my question is, if i buy new will i still need to faff and get the moving in pass which they say can take up to 5 working days cos i gotta be outta the hotel on Friday...

thanks in advance..:)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
just took an apt on in there and they have a moving in policy of having to get a pass... now, im only just here from the UK so i have nothing to move in essentially (glad the place has a bed!).

So my question is, if i buy new will i still need to faff and get the moving in pass which they say can take up to 5 working days cos i gotta be outta the hotel on Friday...

No idea specifically, but I guess "yes". We needed to email the building's office to inform our building of our "moving in date" along with a tenancy agreement blah blah blah so IKEA and Home Center etc could deliver all our shizzle.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks... guess i'll have to see if i can get them to be flexible then cos i cant see myself sat on a floor for a week with nothing to do each evening....:D

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

I would ask the security guy, because he will ultimately be the one that lets someone up. My experience (different Emaar building downtown), is that for delivery of an item they did not have an issue with being less than 5 days notice. I believe what they are concerned about with that policy is when you have a truck pull up and move in/out an entire apartment.

·
Registered
387 Posts
It appears to be an Emaar policy, not specific to the Lofts. I recently moved out of the Lofts and had to give specific notice to move out, then specific notice to move into the new Emaar building. Security guards were quite lax though and I only had to hand the forms in on the day.

The movers had some issues on moving in with a security guard as he attempted to stop them using the lift to bring a sofa up. I had to go down myself and ask what the problem was, immediate access to the lift was then provided. No idea what he was thinking, if I didn't go down they'd have had to carry up 20+ flights of stairs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts