Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone able to advise me? I have a large number of vines surrounding my property, and they are growing very well. But I notice some have developed a brown rust coloured spot on some of the leaves.

Should I be spraying them with anything? Is there a 100% organic option, if so?

Any pointers gratefully received! :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hi Matt. We were advised to break off an affected piece of vine and take it into our Co-op in Coimbra. There is a guy there who will advise specifically for your particular problem. It might work to pop into a co-op nearer to you but don't hold your breath on the organic solution.

Have a check online to see if you can identify the problem and then consider a solution of tea tree oil if appropriate.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I haven't found much online to identify the problem. I'll keep looking.

Anyone know if there is such a co-operative in or around Castanheira de Pera?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thank you. I haven't found much online to identify the problem. I'll keep looking.

Anyone know if there is such a co-operative in or around Castanheira de Pera?
There's a co-op in Figuero dos Vinhos, it goes by the name of Ficape and it's on the street next to the one that you go down to the Saturday market, it's about 100 metres down on the right and I think you'll find a sign also that advertises them. I only found out that it was a co-operative by accident through asking a Portuguese.:cool2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts