Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reside in the UAE but receiving online shipments here is so unpredictable. i have a really lightweight/ small package but i was wondering if anyone from the US is traveling to the UAE anytime soon and can be kind enough to bring it here in person with them. i can give you compensation for the favor. i will have the item shipped to you in the US. i really hope someone can help with this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that sarcasm? i dont know what else to do. why is it that when im ordering internationally online i never end up receiving my packages? is this common? what other solution is there....

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
is that sarcasm? i dont know what else to do. why is it that when im ordering internationally online i never end up receiving my packages? is this common? what other solution is there....
Hi,
I cannot imagine that anybody would be comfortable tranporting a sealed package for a stranger from the US to the UAE.
What would they truthfully answer when asked the usual question at check in?
“Have you packed your suitcase yourself and have you been asked to carry something for somebody?”
“Yes - a complete stranger on an Internet forum asked me to bring this small sealed package for them from the US to the UAE. I have no idea what is inside the package - but I am absolutely sure it’s nothing dodgy!”
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lolz i get it youre right ..... but what other option is there? and why does thid happen to me i.e. me not receiving things from ebay or amazon gor example? is it a comnon problem here or what

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
lolz i get it youre right ..... but what other option is there? and why does thid happen to me i.e. me not receiving things from ebay or amazon gor example? is it a comnon problem here or what
Hi,
Have you not looked at the Aramex Shop and Ship?
That’s what all my friends use for purchases from USA, UK, China etc.
https://www.shopandship.com/en/home

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Ask someone you know and who trusts you ? I carry things for colleagues but only if they are shipped to me via Amazon Direct and I can open it to check the contents.

If you choose a more expensive courier option rather than normal postage you have a better chance as it will arrive via Aramex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
I order alot online, have always used Aramex shop and ship and can track the parcel which usually arrives in 5 days.
Sorry just saw the poster above say the very same

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
It will be interesting to see if they start monitoring the tax situation in regards to Shop & Ship more as I believe they will see an increase in business after December 31.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts