Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new here. I was walking toward the metro today and stumbled upon two cats -- one very tiny kitten hiding in a cubby hole, and another older cat keeping watch of him.. very heartbreaking. I know it is a long shot, and there are cats everywhere in Dubai-- but these 2 really got to me, and I wanted to see if anyone here was able to help -- even just by fostering. I live in company housing that does not allow pets and travel all the time for work, so am unable to take them. I from the US, where we have shelters, but here I am unsure what to do in Dubai. I have contacted local rescue organizations but they have been pretty unhelpful. I am attaching a picture. Please let me know if there is any way you can help! thank you! The older cat is a male by the way, so not the mother. I went back 2 times in the day and they were still there, so I believe the kitten is an orphan.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah, a very sad sight. Many people are heartless, and get a cat, and then just abandon them when they leave the country. My flatmate has a cat that she rescued off the street as a kitten - she brought her in to the rescue, pretty beaten up. They just spayed her and then put her back on the street, not even recovered from her surgery or injuries because they are so overpacked. My flatmate managed to convince her other flatmates (we're all cabin crew, so she was living with different people a few years ago) to let her keep it. She is going to take her wherever she goes, but most people don't.

Sorry I can't help you at all, but I am sure they will be okay.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I love cats and it's very sad to see sometimes. But on the bright side, Dubai is a cat's dream world! One big litter box :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.