Anyone having age 40+ and applying for PR- felling short to collect 60 points
I'm thinking to collect this way, please advise if there's better way
1. Age 40-44 - 15 points
2. Experience in Job over 15 yrs (outside Australia) - 15 points
3. Qualification - 10 points
4. English Test - Aim to score Proficiency level for 10 points
5. State nomination- 5 points
Total - 55 points
People told that qualifying NAATI test as Translator/Interpreter is not easy and its' costly.
Please suggest if there is alternate way to achieve 60 points.
I also want to know how to apply for state nomination and which state are better for Job opportunity, I'm in IT field.
Thanks
Vishal

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
You should target 55 points without state sponsorship. Only then would you be eligible for 190 visa. Note that 189 and 190 both need 60 points. It is just that with 190, the state helps you with 5 points.

Are you certain that your qualification will fetch you only 10 points? If so, then your only way out is to score 8+ in IELTS (all modules).

·
Registered
413 Posts
Try Spouse point and improve on English test - 20 points . Give PTE. It is quite easy to achieve.

Anyone having age 40+ and applying for PR- felling short to collect 60 points
I'm thinking to collect this way, please advise if there's better way
1. Age 40-44 - 15 points
2. Experience in Job over 15 yrs (outside Australia) - 15 points
3. Qualification - 10 points
4. English Test - Aim to score Proficiency level for 10 points
5. State nomination- 5 points
Total - 55 points
People told that qualifying NAATI test as Translator/Interpreter is not easy and its' costly.
Please suggest if there is alternate way to achieve 60 points.
I also want to know how to apply for state nomination and which state are better for Job opportunity, I'm in IT field.
Thanks
Vishal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done M.C.A. (Master or computer applications), not sure how much points will be awarded by ACS for this degree? I'm hoping to get 15 points for my experience as I've total 16+ yrs of IT experience. I'm currently working as Project manager but planning to apply as Software Engineer (for PR) as I don't see this position under SOL.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Well, in that case, check your MCA course contents and compare them with ICT units for your nominated occupation from ANZSCO-Descriptions.pdf. They should match at least 50% and only then will your MCA be awarded ICT Major = 15 points.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.. I'll check. good to see that you scored 8+ in IELTS. Any advise on how to prep for this test ? any coaching or study book recommended ?? few people recommended PTE, saying its easier than others..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine is almost same case. I have done MCA and I am 74 Born (40 plus).
MCA is counted as ICT major and your experience will fetch you 15 points.

So her is the breakup you have or need to target.

AGE =15 Points
Experience = 15 (Only If ACS approves it relevant)
IELTS 7 Bands = 10 (8 bands is kind of day dreaming)
State nomination =5 (You need luck as there is lot of waiting time)
Education = 15 (For sure)
If you can get your wife's skills also assessed = 5 Points

Otherwise you may take my route of VISA 489 which is TR for 4 years and then can be coverted into PR but there is a catch. That catch is that 489 can be either sponsered by you sister or brother (or even your wife's sister or brother can sponser you) or state sponsors you but you to live in regional area....

in that case you can claim 10 points of sponsorship (from state or your brother or sister)

So breakup will be like

AGE 15
Education 15
Spnsorship 10
IELTS 10
Experience 15
which makes 65

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks.. I'll check. good to see that you scored 8+ in IELTS. Any advise on how to prep for this test ? any coaching or study book recommended ?? few people recommended PTE, saying its easier than others..

Mine is almost same case. I have done MCA and I am 74 Born (40 plus).
MCA is counted as ICT major and your experience will fetch you 15 points.

So her is the breakup you have or need to target.

AGE =15 Points
Experience = 15 (Only If ACS approves it relevant)
IELTS 7 Bands = 10 (8 bands is kind of day dreaming)
State nomination =5 (You need luck as there is lot of waiting time)
Education = 15 (For sure)
If you can get your wife's skills also assessed = 5 Points

Otherwise you may take my route of VISA 489 which is TR for 4 years and then can be coverted into PR but there is a catch. That catch is that 489 can be either sponsered by you sister or brother (or even your wife's sister or brother can sponser you) or state sponsors you but you to live in regional area....

in that case you can claim 10 points of sponsorship (from state or your brother or sister)

So breakup will be like

AGE 15
Education 15
Spnsorship 10
IELTS 10
Experience 15
which makes 65

1 - 11 of 11 Posts