Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been searching for the best way to pursue education in Aged Care in Australia from the United States. I'm a 26 year old, Certified Nursing Assistant in California. Last year, I was consulted by an immigration agent to see if I was qualified to receive work in this field; however, I quickly learned I would have to receive a different form of education than I had previous received. I'm interested to know exactly what route is suitable for someone in my position. I'
m looking to do complete independent study unless there are other options that I do not know of. Any information you can provide will be great, including your own expereinces.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Hello,

I've been searching for the best way to pursue education in Aged Care in Australia from the United States. I'm a 26 year old, Certified Nursing Assistant in California. Last year, I was consulted by an immigration agent to see if I was qualified to receive work in this field; however, I quickly learned I would have to receive a different form of education than I had previous received. I'm interested to know exactly what route is suitable for someone in my position. I'
m looking to do complete independent study unless there are other options that I do not know of. Any information you can provide will be great, including your own expereinces.
Going to school in Australia as a foreign student requires a student visa. In addition you will need to pay international tuition and you will have no recourse to obtain any loans or financial aid here. It's quite expensive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts