Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so depressed now just thinking civil engineers with 60 points could get invitation immediately up till June this year. But now even 65 points is not enough. I dont think 70+ pointers increase dramatically just in a month. So the way they invite applicants must be different now.
And I thought things will go back to normal after the new ceiling being published but I am proven wrong now.
So I am wondering how the new system works now. Refuse 65 pointers of non pro-ratas to allow more invitations for accountants and IT guys? If so, what's the point in making ceilings for non pro-ratas because these non pro-ratas will never reach the ceiling according to the trend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
99% You will be invited this coming round of invitation. Trust me

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
Aug second round also max invites 1000, so cut off points will remain at 70 most likely.

If DIBP only invites 70+, they might as well make 70 points minimum to qualify for 189!!!
They will lower it to 65 & 60 eventually over a period of time.

I think they are holding back the invites as they are unsure how many will actually apply under the NZ Stream which is a part of the same 189 overall quota

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
What about 60 points? no chance this year? If they invite in this way, all occupations should be pro rata now.
I mean 60pts Civil

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
99% You will be invited this coming round of invitation. Trust me
60 pts civil engineers getting invitation next round? Sounds not possible considering no 65 points get invited this round. My concern is that we don't even know how this system works now... sigh.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They will lower it to 65 & 60 eventually over a period of time.

I think they are holding back the invites as they are unsure how many will actually apply under the NZ Stream which is a part of the same 189 overall quota

Cheers
What really confuse me is if you need 70 points to get invited then your occupation should go to pro rata. However, the pro rata list remains the same as per DIBP website. If you need 70 points to get invited then there is no point in making a difference between non pro rata and pro rata.

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
What really confuse me is if you need 70 points to get invited then your occupation should go to pro rata. However, the pro rata list remains the same as per DIBP website. If you need 70 points to get invited then there is no point in making a difference between non pro rata and pro rata.

Be patient
Good things happen to those who wait

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts