Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
this is my maiden post and I hope someone will be able to help with my query.
I have been in the process of applying for a work permit and awaiting LMIA for a sponsored job in Alberta for the last number of months.I live in Ireland. It has been particularly frustrating as for various reasons including a change in sponsorship rules, our target date for arriving in Calgary( before snow & school term) has been pushed back.
We have had to rent a house in Cochrane , where my job will be, but it now seems likely that we will be waiting another number of weeks or months.
I have wife and 5 kids eagerly awaiting news. What we were considering was travelling over for a holiday and waiting for the remaining time in Cochrane.We would stay in the house we have rented and could use the time to set up the various bank, utilities and phone accounts and to furnish the house etc.
As far as I can see all we need is passport and relevant travel documents.
Has anyone got experience here or any advice on this?
Thanks
PS Has anyone any advice on where to get reliable good value 7-9 seaters in / around Cochrane? Other than certs of insurance from Ireland and valid drivers licence , is there anything else needed to get driving in Alberta?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.