Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my hands on two all-except-booze-included three day corporate tickets...

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Unfortunately the racing will be an anti-climax following yesterdays results.
Having said that, i am sure the whole thing will still be interesting spectacle (providing you stay sober enough to rember it!)
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...(providing you stay sober enough to rember it!)...
Now that I know booze-is-included I have no intention of retaining any memories, and in the spirit of the occasion, will be attempting to see how fast I can go from sober - high...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Now that I know booze-is-included I have no intention of retaining any memories, and in the spirit of the occasion, will be attempting to see how fast I can go from sober - high...
Fully comped corporate tickets is the only way (or reason) I'd go. In lieu of them, meh.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fully comped corporate tickets is the only way (or reason) I'd go. In lieu of them, meh.
x2... until I got the tickets this morning, I didn't even know the thing was this weekend... just knew it was some time in Nov...

Everyone seems excited about some dude called jay zee... apparently dude has a hot wife...

Now I just need to figure out which of the minions I should take with me...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Given the change in New Year from Sunday to Saturday, I have concerns that Abu Dhabi may be dry from 6pm for 24 hours (ie during the Jay-Z concert).

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gonna go.. and take three different junior minions each day with me as a treat... sorry!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Would consider going just for the after race concerts. Buying terrible seats, not showing up for the races and go straight into the concerts (Muse, Depeche Mode, Jay-Z... I'd even go to the Arab stars night.) But by the time I realised that great shows were coming our way, it was already hard to get tickets.

Better luck next year for me.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I could take the Muse after race concert pass for 2 Nov off you if you're not going or have an extra :)
Sarcastically ... there are no complimentary concert invites issued by F1 guys for muse or depeche mode .... otherwise I would have got one off somebody

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sarcastically ... there are no complimentary concert invites issued by F1 guys for muse or depeche mode .... otherwise I would have got one off somebody
Not complimentary.. I'd have paid for them. Thought maybe if he's not going I'd get the passes since they're very difficult to get otherwise. Cheers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm a minion who has been given tickets on Saturday. I'm also an amateur photographer. What are the rules about photography at the F1 and at the concert?

The web site says you can buy a camera deposit (amount unstated) but that "professional cameras" aren't allowed. What does that mean exactly?

Does anyone have any experience?

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'll be there. Back

Mainly back of the pit garage with headphones on / roof of the team villa / grandstand as my bro works for one of the teams and travels everywhere with them :)

Wish I had anywhere near as cool job as him!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cool.. apparently we get some kind of pit experience or something as well with the tickets I have... probably not a good idea for me to be track side considering I am planning on not remembering most of the F1 anyway...

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm a minion who has been given tickets on Saturday. I'm also an amateur photographer. What are the rules about photography at the F1 and at the concert?

The web site says you can buy a camera deposit (amount unstated) but that "professional cameras" aren't allowed. What does that mean exactly?

Does anyone have any experience?
So I called and finally got through to someone. Apparently they define "professional camera" as one with a detachable lens.

Completely arbitrary.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I called and finally got through to someone. Apparently they define "professional camera" as one with a detachable lens.

Completely arbitrary.
wonder what they will say if you take that cell-phone-with-detachable-lens thing with you?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts