Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

If there are people from Pune or Mumbai who have recently got a PR and are planning their first visit (initial entry) or move to Australia please post on this thread or message me. My wife and I have got a PR on July 1st and I am in the process of carrying out research on several aspects of Australia including how to get a job, lifestyle etc. It would be good to meet in person and discuss or form groups to assist each other wherever possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi,
Which visa are you going on? And which location?
My husband and I have applied for SA under 190 visa ,which is the state sponsorship visa as his skill sets are not there under the CSOL list. So we are yet to receive any good news yet.
We recently moved to Mumbai from Bangalore.
Looking forward to hearing other people's views and experiences.

·
Registered
150 Posts
hi guys,

i am also from mumbai but my husband and I are based in dubai currently and working here. I have also applied under 190 on 6th july for SA state sponsorship. Awaiting for invite and so on the process goes til PR is granted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Everyone

If there are people from Pune or Mumbai who have recently got a PR and are planning their first visit (initial entry) or move to Australia please post on this thread or message me. My wife and I have got a PR on July 1st and I am in the process of carrying out research on several aspects of Australia including how to get a job, lifestyle etc. It would be good to meet in person and discuss or form groups to assist each other wherever possible.

Thanks
I got grant subclass 189. Planning for intial entry in November :plane:. I am from Mumbai working in Kuwait.:plane:

·
Registered
150 Posts
can ul pls mention the dates of receiving invite, pcc, co , medical etc pls.

·
Registered
8 Posts
can ul pls mention the dates of receiving invite, pcc, co , medical etc pls.

THOSE ARE MY DETAILS BELOW
--------------------------------------------------

189 | 261312 ( Developer Programmer ) | ACS - 25/05/2014 | ACS +ve result on 14/07/2014 | IELTS (13/12/2014) – Overall 7.5 (L 7.5, S 7, R 8, W 7) | 60 points EOI Lodged - 08/01/2015 received | 189 invite received 23/01/2015 | Visa application - 16/03/2015 | CO Assigned : 04/05/2015 |Docs uploaded Medicals 19/05/2015, PCC 20/05/2015 , Spouse Functional English Letter Submitted | Spouse IELTS (09/05/2015 Overall 5.5 ( DIDN'T SUBMIT ) | Grant : 06/07/2015

·
Registered
150 Posts
great. wat all documents are required for spouse? i am really confused over that. And how abt the pcc in kuwait? u did it from kuwait and india both?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys

Good to know everyone.

My wife and I too got the 189.

We are planning our first visit in the middle of October for 15 days. We will be visiting Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. After that we will decide when to move permanently. Thought it would be good to analyse the country once before planning for a permanent move.

Does anyone else have the same plan?

·
Registered
8 Posts
great. wat all documents are required for spouse? i am really confused over that. And how abt the pcc in kuwait? u did it from kuwait and india both?
Who is the Primary Applicant you or your spouse. About PCC if you have stayed 12 months or more in a any country you need PCC from that country. In my case for me Indian PCC was not required coz I am out of India for 10 + years only was going on my annual leave from Kuwait for a month. But for safe side I did PCC for Indian & Kuwait too.

If your spouse is Secondary applicant, the docs required are Birth Certificate, Aadhar card, in short submit all possible docs which proves his Nationality, Date of Birth, Place of Birth. e.g. driving license, election card, School Leaving Certificate.

What is your visa subclass?

·
Registered
150 Posts
ok thanks alot. my visa subclass is 190.

·
Registered
150 Posts
ya thats a good idea. so in 189 u can move to any part of australia?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya thats a good idea. so in 189 u can move to any part of australia?
Yes that's correct with a 189 one can move to any part. But let us see which part offers the best opportunities in terms of job. That will really be the deciding factor. So more than the 189, where the job calls will decide the location 😊

Which state have you applied for sponsorship?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes that's correct with a 189 one can move to any part. But let us see which part offers the best opportunities in terms of job. That will really be the deciding factor. So more than the 189, where the job calls will decide the location 😊

Which state have you applied for sponsorship?
have applied for south australia. hoping to get the invite in aug

·
Registered
216 Posts
@redington

ME!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi guys

Good to know everyone.

My wife and I too got the 189.

We are planning our first visit in the middle of October for 15 days. We will be visiting Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. After that we will decide when to move permanently. Thought it would be good to analyse the country once before planning for a permanent move.

Does anyone else have the same plan?
I too have similar plans.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Redington

I also received visa grant on 1st of July. Therefore, going through same process of research on various prospects their. Well, I am from north India. Like to make group with those expacts who are planning for south Australia later this year.

regards

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi ppl!
Have got grant for SS Nsw ard August 1st week. I am based out in Pune and would be planning for the initial move to NSW soon. Is there anyone from Pune here?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts