Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the import permit (which I already have for my cat).
What type of health certificate did you get, a USDA 7001 or just a letter from the vet or ?
The import permit says that from countries not considered from rabies (and the USA is not free from that) an additional certificate is required stating that the are no case of rabies within 20 KM from point of origin within the last 6 months.
Arizona does not track rabies cases by location my vet told me and there are lots of cases of rabies through the state, so what did you do, those that have brought pets from Arizona ?
Did they just quarantine the pet for a while ?

Thanks,
Fred

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
What type of health certificate did you get, a USDA 7001 or just a letter from the vet or ?
The import permit says that from countries not considered from rabies (and the USA is not free from that) an additional certificate is required stating that the are no case of rabies within 20 KM from point of origin within the last 6 months.
Arizona does not track rabies cases by location my vet told me and there are lots of cases of rabies through the state, so what did you do, those that have brought pets from Arizona ?

Thanks,
Fred
All quaranteen is in house

·
Registered
6,007 Posts

Thanks,
Fred
Fred,

Because laws, rules, and regulations are constantly changing; It is a good idea to contact by phone the Philippine Consulate In Los Angeles California for accurate and current information just to be sure. Don't leave anything to chance.

Jet Lag

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been trying for about 2 weeks to do just that. No one ever answers any of the phones for any of the departments and they never return phone calls (I've left multiple phone msgs) and so far not even returning emails. I've been trying to contact them regarding "authentication" of some documents that I need for my SRRV visa. Even their certified notary's here in Arizona don't know what's required as far as notarizing some documents for authentication.

It's about impossible to get hold of them.

Fred

Fred,

Because laws, rules, and regulations are constantly changing; It is a good idea to contact by phone the Philippine Consulate In Los Angeles California for accurate and current information just to be sure. Don't leave anything to chance.

Jet Lag

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I've been trying for about 2 weeks to do just that. No one ever answers any of the phones for any of the departments and they never return phone calls (I've left multiple phone msgs) and so far not even returning emails. I've been trying to contact them regarding "authentication" of some documents that I need for my SRRV visa. Even their certified notary's here in Arizona don't know what's required as far as notarizing some documents for authentication.

It's about impossible to get hold of them.

Fred
Been thru this before. I have done it twice. Last yr i brought 2 kittens and i just drove 6 hrs each way to phils embassy in chicago

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think it's required that you get a letter stating there isn't any out breaks reported in yr area of rabies. My Vet would understand and provide me with a letter stating this. My Vet also knows my cats are indoor only and my dog is never allowed to run. My dog is mostly in the house or car with me, the dog gets walks and has a fenced yard.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I have it settled.
My vet said that there are a lot of cases of rabies where I live, in wild animals (which I already knew). The Bureau of Animal Industry, Department of Agriculture, Republic of the Philippines, gave me a waiver of the "no rabies" requirement, since my cat has always been an indoor cat and all her shots, including rabies, are always up to date.
All in all, I've found the whole process, so far, not too bad. The Philippines have been very helpful and willing to work with me.

I do have a question for those who brought pets over. Since the flight from Los Angeles to Manila is around 13 ~ 14 hours, what did you do required waste (urine and feces) during the trip ?
I'm bringing cat onboard, in one of the approved carries, but I just thought about this :)

Thanks,
Fred

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Thanks, I have it settled.
My vet said that there are a lot of cases of rabies where I live, in wild animals (which I already knew). The Bureau of Animal Industry, Department of Agriculture, Republic of the Philippines, gave me a waiver of the "no rabies" requirement, since my cat has always been an indoor cat and all her shots, including rabies, are always up to date.
All in all, I've found the whole process, so far, not too bad. The Philippines have been very helpful and willing to work with me.

I do have a question for those who brought pets over. Since the flight from Los Angeles to Manila is around 13 ~ 14 hours, what did you do required waste (urine and feces) during the trip ?
I'm bringing cat onboard, in one of the approved carries, but I just thought about this :)

Thanks,
Fred
Lots of papertowels and zip locks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts