Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of booking a flight between Cancun and Guadalajara, and Volaris has a non-stop flight with a very good price. I have heard some complaints and some praises about Volaris, but I'm hoping to hear what your experience has been with this airline. Thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm thinking of booking a flight between Cancun and Guadalajara, and Volaris has a non-stop flight with a very good price. I have heard some complaints and some praises about Volaris, but I'm hoping to hear what your experience has been with this airline. Thanks!
Before I got my "Residente Temporal" I flew with Volaris every six months or so from Acapulco to Tijuana and was very pleased with the service and the price.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the quick reply, diablita! Very good to know that your experiences with Volaris have been positive!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
We are quite fond of Volaris and their non-stop flights between Guadalajara and Tuxtla Gutierrez which flight takes just under two hours and is quite inexpensive. Today we picked up indigenous artisans from Chiapas who will be participating in Chapala´s Feria De Maestros Del Arte who flew up to Guadalajara from Tuxtla on Volaris arriving at 1:00PM and they were pleased about this service to say the least.

The transportation between Guadalaja and Chiapas without changing in Mexico City has improved markedly over the past couple of years.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The only problem that I have with VOLARIS is the fact that they only let you have the really small carry-on bag size... Unless you pay extra.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to let you know that Volaris has drastically and unilaterally decided to severely restrict the maximum dimensions of allowed carryon luggage.
The new dimensions are:
2 pieces, 41 inches(9.8" x 15.7" x 15.7")
I don’t know of many suitcases that meet this ridiculously small size. It is half the usual size allowed on most USA and Mexican airlines.
I understand the need for the airline to expedite the loading and unloading of passengers, but this is ridiculous!
As a frequent traveler to Mexico for both business and pleasure, I used to love this airline. It was the equivalent to Southwest in USA, however this policy will make me switch to more costumer friendly Interjet for any future travel.
You may want to update your site information since it may cause inconvenience and additional charges ($30.00 / leg if done at Airport at check-in time) to travelers that are caught by surprise on this.

Guillermo Pérez Vargas
[excised]

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry about the mention on "updating website". This obviously does not apply in the case of this forum. My bad! The rest of the info is accurate, you can easily verify it via volaris's website directly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.