Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I am a Korean-American married to a Frenchman. We live in Brittany. My French social security application has been hung up because my Acte de Naissance is in Korean. It has been sitting in Paris since November. To speed things up, the local French Social Security office suggested we get it translated in French and have it certified by the S. Korean Embassy.

I tried that but now the S. Korean embassy is saying they need a 제적등본 (deleted register) and that a relative in Korea can get that for me. Well, my aunt in Korea has already gotten my birth certificate for me twice and she won't be too happy to get something for me again. I would like to avoid having her do it.

Has anyone else in the forum had to deal with a Korean Birth Certificate and French Social Security issue?

Thank you,
hulagirl:plane::plane:

·
Administrator
51,953 Posts
The most direct way of dealing with the situation might be to simply google "traducteur assermenté coréen" and contact one or more of the translation services that comes up.

A traducteur assermenté can translate the document AND vouch for its validity. That may well be what they're trying to get - and paying for it yourself would probably hurry up the process.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

The most direct way of dealing with the situation might be to simply google "traducteur assermenté coréen" and contact one or more of the translation services that comes up.

A traducteur assermenté can translate the document AND vouch for its validity. That may well be what they're trying to get - and paying for it yourself would probably hurry up the process.
Cheers,
Bev
Thanks Bev. Would you know if it would hold up with the French Social Security? If they will accept it?

·
Administrator
51,953 Posts
Thanks Bev. Would you know if it would hold up with the French Social Security? If they will accept it?
If the sécu won't take it I have no idea what it is they might want. A traduction assermenté is about the most iron clad translation of an official document you can get in France. You could always ask them first - but if they won't accept it, then ask them exactly what it is they need.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the sécu won't take it I have no idea what it is they might want. A traduction assermenté is about the most iron clad translation of an official document you can get in France. You could always ask them first - but if they won't accept it, then ask them exactly what it is they need.
Cheers,
Bev
Thank you. I will ask them. xoxo, Hulagirl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.