Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All -

Just wanted to know if someone applied for a medicare recently and received their card? I traveled to Australia in mid April for 3 weeks for validating my PR, while I was in Melbourne, I applied for medicare for myself and my family. I gave the address of my friend for the card to be delivered. Until now, my friend hasn't received the card at his address. The lady at the medicare said that you will receive the card in a month's time but its been 2 months now. Any similar situations here?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hello All -

Just wanted to know if someone applied for a medicare recently and received their card? I traveled to Australia in mid April for 3 weeks for validating my PR, while I was in Melbourne, I applied for medicare for myself and my family. I gave the address of my friend for the card to be delivered. Until now, my friend hasn't received the card at his address. The lady at the medicare said that you will receive the card in a month's time but its been 2 months now. Any similar situations here?
As far as I know, you should apply for Medicare only when you move to Australia permanently(I remember seeing some declaration to that effect in Medicare application form). I assume Medicare must have way of identifying this, which is why you didn't get card.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Must have got lost in the transit - simple explanation.

When you come back to Australia, you can go into any Centrelink office and get a card re-issued

1 - 3 of 3 Posts