Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon everybody...

We are moving to Grand Castang in early March. Is there anybody on the forum from the surrounding areas?

We are a young couple starting a business and coming over to France sans les amis... :(

If anybody fancies grabbing lunch sometime, feel free to contact us.

Martin & Sarah :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,
We will be there in the summer.
Hopefully within easy driving distance of a golf club, but within the
Bergerac/Sarlat/Perigueux triangle.
terry

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,
We have nor decided yet as to where we will finally buy.
We are in the area on the 24th April for 4 days to look around, and view some houses.
I am leaning towards Perigueux, as the golf seems better there, as Merterie seems to be having money and member problems.
Also we have been considering the Lot et Garonne, west of Agen, as there are 2 courses there, one at CASTELJALOUX seemds ok, and the town is nice, but they do not have the competitions etc that Perigueux has. According to the historical weather records on MSN weather, the annual rainfall around Agen is 2 thirds that of PErigueux! V. attractive
We have bought a 24 foot LHD motorhome, so if push comes to shove we can live in it whilst we look.
We are in N Devon and took the van out for it's first run for 2 nights. Stayed on the west of Dartmoor 1st night and the east on 2nd, between which we went to the south coast, around Salcombe. Love the sea, might have a re-think and look further south on the Med!
Hope that all is going well with you and that you have settled in and made some new friends.
CHeers
terry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Martin/Sarah,

Just discovered this shout out from you guys. I just moved to Lalinde for a bit as I have a place on the road out to Mauzac from town. Are you still living it up here?

Always up for a glass of red in the P'tit Loup if so!

Cheers,

Sam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.