Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Me and my family just recently granted a visa to live and work in Western Australia with the condition to live and work in the Peel Region only. I have already researched about the Peel Region (jobs, rents, education, etc.) and we are planning to try our luck in Mandurah first before we try other areas in the Peel Region. I have been searching the net for forums about mandurah or the Peel Region but it seems, not too much people are familiar with the place. Anyway, anybody here from Mandurah who can share their experience in the place? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, newbie here. Recently been granted Skilled Migrant visa. We're also looking at Mandurah because it is regional, but close to Perth and rail, and, hopefully, family-safe. I will be working as FIFO and that means leaving my family (wife and two teens) for periods of time.

@Chris, would appreciate if you could post some of your experiences there and hopefully give some answer to my questions: How is Mandurah generally like? In terms of crime (burglary, assaults, etc)? How tolerant are the people in Mandurah to immigrants?

Plan to relocate as family in March 2012.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all, newbie here. Recently been granted Skilled Migrant visa. We're also looking at Mandurah because it is regional, but close to Perth and rail, and, hopefully, family-safe. I will be working as FIFO and that means leaving my family (wife and two teens) for periods of time.

@Chris, would appreciate if you could post some of your experiences there and hopefully give some answer to my questions: How is Mandurah generally like? In terms of crime (burglary, assaults, etc)? How tolerant are the people in Mandurah to immigrants?

Plan to relocate as family in March 2012.
Hi DetSam,

My family is planning to make our first entry in WA on May4, 2013. We booked an accommodation Mandurah for 2 wks and my husband will be staying for 2 more weeks to search for a job. How do you find Mandurah? Are you still staying there?
Do you have friends who would like to rent one of their room to a Pinoy for my husband? Just in case you know someone message me at [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone, Me and my family just recently granted a visa to live and work in Western Australia with the condition to live and work in the Peel Region only. I have already researched about the Peel Region (jobs, rents, education, etc.) and we are planning to try our luck in Mandurah first before we try other areas in the Peel Region. I have been searching the net for forums about mandurah or the Peel Region but it seems, not too much people are familiar with the place. Anyway, anybody here from Mandurah who can share their experience in the place? Thanks.
Hi EngrChrisDizon,

I am an engineer with an experience in Manufacturing industry.
Are there manufacturing plants in Mandurah or Bunbury?
Where else do you think I could apply?
We are planning to make our first entry on May 4, 2013 and will be staying in Mandurah for 2 wks then my husband will extend his stay for another 2 weeks to try find a job (1month stay for him). Do you know anyone who rents their room/ offers room sharing? If in case, please drop me a message at .
Thanks !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts