Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks

I hold a Bangladeshi passport and currently reside in Saudi Arabia and study here at an undergraduate level university program. I need to visit Dubai to take an exam soon and I plan to stay there for a week. I understand that I will most likely be needing a tourist visa for 30 days (the minimum you can get).

I tried booking a flight through flydubai, and the travel agency told me that they do not issue visa for Bangladeshis and a few other nationalities. I also tried AlFursan and was told the same. This thread here mentioned about a unpublicized ban all across GCC countries: www expatforum com/ expats/ dubai-expat-forum-expats-living-dubai / 417617-visa-ban . html

My question is how can I get a temporary visit/tourist visa? Should I try through Emirates since they are a larger airline company? Should I go through the UAE embassy? Any help will be appreciated. I understand that it's Ramadan now and things go very slowly, but I really need to get a visa to take this important exam.

Thanks
prrrt

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Emirates and Etihad (and there are other airlines as well) have online visa applications once you book a ticket with them. Why not check out the relevant sections of their websites AND call their call center?
I am not sure about the Bangladesh passport specific issues, but having a valid visa for US/UK/Schengen/ Aus/NZ helps. If you have none of these then they will definitely ask for proof of funds.
Have you gotten in touch with the company/ institution which gives the exams as they may sponsor exam takers as well?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Post 3 more messages so that I can send you a PM on the matter :)

(you need a minimum of 5 posts before being able to send or receive a PM)

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you reside in KSA then why don't you just fly to Dubai and get a visa on arrival ? What's the profession listed on your Iqama ?

I heard there are difficulties facing Bangladeshis after Bangladesh has voted against Dubai for Expo 2020.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you reside in KSA then why don't you just fly to Dubai and get a visa on arrival ? What's the profession listed on your Iqama ?

I heard there are difficulties facing Bangladeshis after Bangladesh has voted against Dubai for Expo 2020.
It had nothing to do with the Expo 2020 vote. Rather the high rate of crime (use of forged documentation, trafficking) by some Bangladeshi citizens led to the ban in the UAE, Bahrain and a number of other places.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Emirates and Etihad (and there are other airlines as well) have online visa applications once you book a ticket with them. Why not check out the relevant sections of their websites AND call their call center?
I am not sure about the Bangladesh passport specific issues, but having a valid visa for US/UK/Schengen/ Aus/NZ helps. If you have none of these then they will definitely ask for proof of funds.
Have you gotten in touch with the company/ institution which gives the exams as they may sponsor exam takers as well?
I do have a valid US visa and I applied through here (www ednrd ae/GCCIND/home.do) last night and got myself an e-Visa. My sponsor is my Dad and I am a student at a local university. Do I need to take my sponsor with me on the trip to Dubai or is the e-Visa more than enough as long as I have my passport/national ID on me?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It had nothing to do with the Expo 2020 vote. Rather the high rate of crime (use of forged documentation, trafficking) by some Bangladeshi citizens led to the ban in the UAE, Bahrain and a number of other places.
Yup. And now people like myself have to suffer :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

I am a student at a local university. I am a dependent under my dad's iqama. I applied for e-Visa and I just received it. Do I still need to take my sponsor (my Dad) with me on the trip?

edit: The fact that I am a student is most probably not stated in the iqama because it is under my Dad. It might be stated. In worse case scenario, do I need to take him with me if it doesn't?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Post 3 more messages so that I can send you a PM on the matter :)

(you need a minimum of 5 posts before being able to send or receive a PM)
Got more than 5 now, PM me!

edit: as a side note, I received an e-Visa through the Ministry of Interior of UAE. But I am a dependant under my Dad and study here as student in a local university. I am pretty sure my iqama most likely doesn't say. Do I need to take my Dad with me on the trip?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts