Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Robert Glenn, and I am currently a US citizen living in Michigan. I had interests on moving into Canada as I felt the country seemed more peaceful than America.

I am currently a student in Trade School and have become the class representative of it's Retail Marketing Program. I am also on my way to applying to community college and getting my associates as well.

Now, I have heard things regarding an NT Visa from other sources regarding me potentially becoming a citizen, but I got the hunch that there was a lot more I was missing out on regarding other options. I was interested in potentially getting a bachelor's later down the line and becoming an art teacher, but I am not quite sure if this is the only thing I could do, especially since I plan on moving from Michigan into Ontario (since Ontario is closer to home).

Now, I also have interests in building up my self-employed career as a freelancer artist, and wanted to also see if I could enter through retail marketing in any way specifically.

Upon reading that, does any have a specific suggestions regarding what I could do besides the NT Visa, or does anyone have any more experience than I do regarding moving from Michigan to Ontario? If so, I'd love to hear your advice :)

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
What trade were you taking? That might be a good route into Canada.

Becoming a teacher won't help as we have far too many teachers already.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh really? Okay, then what trades could I apply for, and what kind of VISA could I he eligible for? I need help regarding how to get said VISA, and what I can do to become eligible for it. Any options?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
You could only apply for a trade that you are qualified for, which would mean doing your apprenticeship in a skilled trade. Those usually take four years to complete (sometimes more).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.