Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

It looks like I may be moving to Dubai in December, and I was wondering if there are any scuba divers amongst all the helpful people on this forum?

I am interested if you are members of any diving clubs, and what opinions you have of them, and also any suggestions for good trips!

Cheers
:cool:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Plenty of dive clubs in Dubai.

I have had good reports of Al Boom diving on Al wasl road (not tried them myself yet)

Plenty of dive sites in and around Dubai.

There is a book in the Explorer range, UAE Underwater, that will give you all the info you need

Remember, on the 7th day day, God went diving

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I just bought the UAE Underwater book and it looks really good! Would love to hear of any good sites that you have been to.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Thanks! I just bought the UAE Underwater book and it looks really good! Would love to hear of any good sites that you have been to.

Cheers
I'm a PADI AOWD (with Nitrox & Wreck Specs), last dives were on the Zenobia, loved it!!

Want to spend a LOT of time under the water when I get to Dubai.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Oh the Zenobia. I have dived that about 15 times. It is still a good dive, even though the catamaran can get a bit hectic in the peak periods.

If memory serves me right, it is still in the top 10 wreck dives in the world.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Oh the Zenobia. I have dived that about 15 times. It is still a good dive, even though the catamaran can get a bit hectic in the peak periods.

If memory serves me right, it is still in the top 10 wreck dives in the world.
World's best wreck diving

It would seem so. You've also got to avoid the tourist submarine that circles around the wreck. Are there any good wrecks near Dubai?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suppose Sharm is a cheap flight away, so the Thistlegorm is always within reach...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there,

Coming out to Dubai in the New Year & have a few week(end)s before the family join me can anyone recommend a dive school to join?

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Not there yet, but looking into moving there mid next year. I'm PADI OWD with some dives in Sydney Harbour and Great Barrier Reef (yes, as good as the brochure). I gotta get back into it (need to do a refresher soon) and am missing it.

Question to Crazymazy, what are the water temps like year round, I've heard it's bathtub or hot during the summer months?

Hi

It looks like I may be moving to Dubai in December, and I was wondering if there are any scuba divers amongst all the helpful people on this forum?

I am interested if you are members of any diving clubs, and what opinions you have of them, and also any suggestions for good trips!

Cheers
:cool:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
During the summer, I found that the water temperature was around 35c

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I don't even think I take showers that warm :eek:

Does it get better once you're down about 5 meters? I've swum 28c in the Barrier Reef and I thought that was warm.

Must work up a massive thirst while diving and need to guzzle some cold refreshment after your dive.

During the summer, I found that the water temperature was around 35c

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, 35C that is hot, still better than 12 C in the UK where I trained!! Definitely keen to get out under the water in the next few weeks once this storm has blown over. Will prob head down to Al Boom on evening next week for a noisey.
Stew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.