Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Sir,

Am going to apply 175 - Skilled Independent Visa as an IT Professional.
If i submitted positive skill assessment & all evidence & documents required for this Visa, is there any possibilities to reject my visa, even if I suitable?

Or

They definitely grant me the Visa if am suitable, even after a long waiting time?

Please clarify this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
There could be something brought up at your medical, that's about all I can think of.

Dolly

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
One more possibility is where they decide not to process applications older than 3 yrs. It's not a rejection of visa as they refund the application fees. They did this recently. I think the term they use is ceasing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks both of you.

Well now guess, If there is no medical issues or any Ceasing happens, will it process withing 01 - 04 years and finally is it possible to grant the Visa?

Also i want to ask another question from you.
Is State Victoria only count work experience 'post-qualifcation' or is there any chance regarding 'pre-qualification' work experience?

Awaiting reply!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
apart from medicals and visa cap....any other reason...for cancellation??

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
The one other thing I could think of is the good character qualifications. If you've been in serious trouble with the law then they can reject you then....

·
Registered
590 Posts
The one other thing I could think of is the good character qualifications. If you've been in serious trouble with the law then they can reject you then....
Really, I thought that was a pre-requisite for Oz? :D

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah, it was but they ended that Migration Stream a while back ;)

Class CONVICT visas are very rare now.
Damn it! Does that mean I have to give the TV back then :mad:

·
Registered
590 Posts
No you can keep the TV, but you have give back the musket and gunpowder.
Oh ok then, but only cos you asked nicely... i heard they funny about carrying that kinda thing onto the plane in hand luggage now anyway... :whistle:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Refunds incase of refusals

Hey..

I just wanted that do the PR Visa fees get refunded if at any stage Visa is refused? even if refusal is due to security or medical reasons?

Thanks

Rgds

·
Registered
103 Posts
The visa fee is only refunded when they decide to cap and cease your application. If your visa is denied because of other reasons your visa fee will not be refunded.

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Registered
104 Posts
No you can keep the TV, but you have give back the musket and gunpowder.
The only issue that could arise in the long term. 175 applications take a long time to process. If something serious happens with the economy (like what happened during the world economic crisis), immi may use the cease and cap system. I think thousands of pending applications were simply terminated because the country did not need these skills anymore. The visa application fee was refunded, but of course, we all know that we don't just spend money on that when it comes to the whole process. there is always a small risk that something like this might happen again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.