Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

Thank you for all your replies. It has helped me. Please answer my another query.

I got 130 points in EOI. Please let me know where I can get 10 more points? and do we get points for IELTS? My overall score is 6.5 bands and my husband's score is 7 bands. Will it help us?

My Points are as bellow

Identity - 30 points, Work Experience - 10 points, Recognized Qualification 60 + 10 Bonus points, Recognized Qualification of a partner - 20 points.

I have got 60 + 10 Bonus points for MA Psychology. Which I have completed from Pune Univercity India. After MA I have completed MBA HR. Can I get additional points for MBA HR?

Regards

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Nope you don't get points specifically for IELTS.
The IELTS pass at 6.5 or above is just one method of proving to immigration that you meet the English Language requirement.
Doing so allows you to claim points and bonus points on the EOI but it doesn't actually give you points for it.
Without proving you meet the English Language requirement you will not get many points. Meeting the requirement makes you eligible to claim for other points.

With reference to partner points, you can only claim 20 of them assuming your partner has a recognised qualification, but they must also meet the standard of English Language as that of a principal applicant - if they don't meet the English Language requirement the partner will get no points regardless what qualification they hold.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dear All,

Thank you for all your replies. It has helped me. Please answer my another query.

I got 130 points in EOI. Please let me know where I can get 10 more points? and do we get points for IELTS? My overall score is 6.5 bands and my husband's score is 7 bands. Will it help us?

My Points are as bellow

Identity - 30 points, Work Experience - 10 points, Recognized Qualification 60 + 10 Bonus points, Recognized Qualification of a partner - 20 points.

I have got 60 + 10 Bonus points for MA Psychology. Which I have completed from Pune Univercity India. After MA I have completed MBA HR. Can I get additional points for MBA HR?

Regards
Manalee, Maximum points you can get for your qualification is 60, You can't claim for additional points for MBA HR as you can showcase only one qualification as primary qualification and either of your qualification (MA or MBA) would give you same points, so 60 is what you get maximum for your EOI as far as education is concerned.

Now regarding IELTS, you can't get additional points for any band, criteria is just that you should have >= 6.5 bands, to prove your level of English.

So for partner you can get maximum 20 points (as in your case your husband has 7 band and his qualification gained from Pune University is part of exemptions list?)

To get additional 10 points, you might want to look for Professional experience, see who can get maximum points for professional experience, you OR your husband?

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all, It seems I should apply for a Job. That is the only thing will help me to get through.

Thanks again!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank you all, It seems I should apply for a Job. That is the only thing will help me to get through.

Thanks again!!!!
I don't want to discourage you but believe me - Applying for job sitting there in India and expecting an interview call is near to impossible unless you are super skilled. Best Luck!:fingerscrossed:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts