Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all,

I am posting this thread is to make an enquiry for my daughter’s Australian Visa (Subclass 189). She obtained this visa as a dependent and now she is 1.5 years old.

In her visa, it indicates that she must make first entry to Australia before 22 Sep. 2017. However, she obtained her 189 visa when she was in Australia. Does she still need to meet this condition? That is to say, does she need to leave Australia first and come back before 22 Sep. 2017. Is there any other way to activate 189?

It is surprising that my wife and I don't have this condition but do not know why our baby has this condition. We got the visa at same time while we were in Australia.

Although she is now not in Australia (she is in UK with me now), we are having difficulties to travel back to Australia before 22. Sep. 2017.

Many thanks for your attentions!

·
Registered
23,891 Posts
Hi, all,

I am posting this thread is to make an enquiry for my daughter’s Australian Visa (Subclass 189). She obtained this visa as a dependent and now she is 1.5 years old.

In her visa, it indicates that she must make first entry to Australia before 22 Sep. 2017. However, she obtained her 189 visa when she was in Australia. Does she still need to meet this condition? That is to say, does she need to leave Australia first and come back before 22 Sep. 2017. Is there any other way to activate 189?

It is surprising that my wife and I don't have this condition but do not know why our baby has this condition. We got the visa at same time while we were in Australia.

Although she is now not in Australia (she is in UK with me now), we are having difficulties to travel back to Australia before 22. Sep. 2017.

Many thanks for your attentions!
You can call up,or write to DIBP and ask for clarification
It may just be clerical mistake which can be rectified

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can call up,or write to DIBP and ask for clarification
It may just be clerical mistake which can be rectified

Cheers
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I tried to call DIBP Australia via various ways but can not reach them. I also tried to find email from their website but still failed.
I also tried to contact DIBP located in UK but they said they can only handle enquiries where an application for a visa or citizenship has already been lodged.... :(

·
Registered
23,891 Posts
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I tried to call DIBP Australia via various ways but can not reach them. I also tried to find email from their website but still failed.
I also tried to contact DIBP located in UK but they said they can only handle enquiries where an application for a visa or citizenship has already been lodged.... :(
They have a Facebook page also which is actively monitored from the looks of it

Why don't you post your question there as a private message

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts