Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am from Singapore and want to migrate to US in a couple of years. Is there any lawyer (be it in Singapore or US) that is reliable and has proven track records?

I am married guy with a child. Besides degree, I have other industrial certificates.
Any kind of help will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What do expect from an immigration attorney? On what basis do you plan to obtain a visa?
To explore all the legal options that we are eligible to, in a shortest possible time because we are already in early 30s. Although I may be able to explore it by myself, it will take time and I might have missed out a few options.

If the fees is too high (I have no idea how much it will cost us), then we have to consider to explore it our own.

Well, I am open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Read the stickies at the beginning of the US threads and get aquainted with uscis.gov

Your basics are fairly simple:
US employer
transfer within international company
investment
family (first degree)
marriage

"degree and industrial certificates" does not say much about your professional potential

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm... does having around 10 years of working experience in IT & Networking field count as professional potential?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
hmm... does having around 10 years of working experience in IT & Networking field count as professional potential?
Not unless you have a very specific niche which is in demand. Hang out on dice.com or LinkedIn.com and start networking.

A US employer has to show that reasonable efforts were made to fill a position with an employee who can legally work in the US when he petitions H1B.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hi,

I am from Singapore and want to migrate to US in a couple of years. Is there any lawyer (be it in Singapore or US) that is reliable and has proven track records?

I am married guy with a child. Besides degree, I have other industrial certificates.
Any kind of help will be appreciated. Thanks.
AILA's Immigration Lawyer Search

For the proven track record, ask them.
If you're a Singapore(an?) citizen, you have a reserved allocation of H1b visas -- a definite advantage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts