Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How's this for a piece of incredibly good luck......... My friend lost a tin box full of family jewellery in the fire & despite searching through the ashes of his house couldn't find it anywhere........... About a week ago I asked all my forum & FB friends if anyone nearby had a metal detector to see if we could find it that way & a local friend volunteered to come with his detector to try to help & we arranged to meet this morning.

Las night, my friend & his wife finally found their box of jewellery but in doing so, his wife managed to lose her wedding ring.

My metal detecting friend & I rocked up at the burned house & he managed to find the ring with the very first pass of the detector over the very first square foot of ground....... it literally took less than 5 minutes!

I really ought to start doing the lottery! lol

·
Registered
858 Posts
How's this for a piece of incredibly good luck......... My friend lost a tin box full of family jewellery in the fire & despite searching through the ashes of his house couldn't find it anywhere........... About a week ago I asked all my forum & FB friends if anyone nearby had a metal detector to see if we could find it that way & a local friend volunteered to come with his detector to try to help & we arranged to meet this morning.

Las night, my friend & his wife finally found their box of jewellery but in doing so, his wife managed to lose her wedding ring.

My metal detecting friend & I rocked up at the burned house & he managed to find the ring with the very first pass of the detector over the very first square foot of ground....... it literally took less than 5 minutes!

I really ought to start doing the lottery! lol
Nice one TM. €28M on Friday would repair a whole lot of roof and fix that car! Go on. Buy a ticket. You know you should!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts