Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I've finally managed to relocate to Sydney on a 457 visa a month ago and now everything is slowly falling in place after lots of struggle.

When I relocated to Dubai 2 years ago Expatforum helped me meet really nice people and some of them have become like life-long friends now luckily. I'm really hoping that same will happen here in Sydney.

So are there any regular meet-ups or any other chance to actually leave home and socialize??

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone!

I've finally managed to relocate to Sydney on a 457 visa a month ago and now everything is slowly falling in place after lots of struggle.

When I relocated to Dubai 2 years ago Expatforum helped me meet really nice people and some of them have become like life-long friends now luckily. I'm really hoping that same will happen here in Sydney.

So are there any regular meet-ups or any other chance to actually leave home and socialize??

Cheers!

This is something you should do in person...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is something you should do in person...
OK this is interesting, I guess things work quite different in Sydney compared to Dubai. We used to have regular meet-ups and anyone could easily organize any event there would also be quite lots of people showing up. Advantages of living in a place where almost everyone is an expat I guess..

Sorry but I don't quite get how doing this in person will help meet new people, not a single person at a time. :confused2:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes there is on a thursday night in Sydney . If yo loo at the British expat forum they always ave a thread about where it is each week . I've been meaning to go myself as I've yet to make any friends but just started work and I shattered most nights !

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
melinscotland; thanks for the tip, will take a look at the British forums.. It just feels disturbing not having a social circle so need to get that sorted out asap..

stormgal; personal experience with Meetup.com from Dubai was not really pleasant, didn't work that good in Dubai but will give it a try here again, hope it's better in Sydney. Thanks for the idea!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.