Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just want to know if there are any java programmers/developers/engineers on this forum. I want to know how the market for Java is. It is of course in the CSL list. Can I risk my job here and travel to AUS? Also I just came across this site nabthatjob.com . I am sure most of you might be knowing about it...That is also a good site to look into..One more question...Is there anyone on this forum who got selected for an AUS job from his/her home country itself (I mean before even coming to AUS)? :confused:

Thanks,
Gopal

·
Registered
59 Posts
Regarding The ACS skill assessment applied before Feb 8

I am a computing professional with 7 years and 3 months of IT experience. I had submitted ACS Skills assessment with (ASCO COD0E 2231-79 Computing Professional – Java ) on Jan 18 , My application was recieved by the ACS on Jan 22 but from that time there is no update . It is in To be allocated status. I am worried about the recent changes after Feb 8 . So whether any impact is going to be there for existing ACS skill assessment . Iam Electrical and Electronics Engineer but I have complete IT experience only now. In application Status they have given me the Status as PASA. So it will come under Group A or Group B. Please Advice me in this regard.

Narendra Kumar

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Narendra,
I am totally unaware of these new changes....Thankfully, my application was processed before that. What I feel is that it might take some extra time. If all your documents are valid and correct, you should have no fear..

Gopal

I am a computing professional with 7 years and 3 months of IT experience. I had submitted ACS Skills assessment with (ASCO COD0E 2231-79 Computing Professional – Java ) on Jan 18 , My application was recieved by the ACS on Jan 22 but from that time there is no update . It is in To be allocated status. I am worried about the recent changes after Feb 8 . So whether any impact is going to be there for existing ACS skill assessment . Iam Electrical and Electronics Engineer but I have complete IT experience only now. In application Status they have given me the Status as PASA. So it will come under Group A or Group B. Please Advice me in this regard.

Narendra Kumar

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Narendra,
I am totally unaware of these new changes....Thankfully, my application was processed before that. What I feel is that it might take some extra time. If all your documents are valid and correct, you should have no fear..

Gopal
any body pls update abt java / j2ee market in oz these days ........ waht salary one shd expect for 5-6 yrs experience ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
salary

any body pls update abt java / j2ee market in oz these days ........ waht salary one shd expect for 5-6 yrs experience ?
Maybe 70K if you are lucky. Unless you have some phenomenal skills, Java developers get paid much better in US than in Oz. This is because it's very easy to hire an offshore team in Singapore and Malaysia who are in a similar time zone. Also, I've not heard of any developer being hired while still offshore, a face to face interview is typically mandatory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts