Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am currently on FLR (M) - unmarried partner which will be due for renewal in a year's time. I currently live with my partner and we are both working.

To keep it brief - I have had a good job offer down in London. As my partner has recently been promoted, owns the property we currently live in and has family here so it's not really ideal for both of us to move down at the same time. The feasible option is for me to move down first and for my partner to apply for an internal transfer (which we've been told can apparently take up to 3 years).

Will this be an issue with the FLR(M) application renewal or potentially even Set(M) if we live in separate cities? I am aware there are provisions for people who don't live together but is this justifiable? Plus how do you then show proof of relationship?

I could either move within the next few months or after next year's renewal but ideally, we would like to know our options so that we can plan ahead. Would it make a difference if we got married?

Additional info:
We've been together for 5 years and lived together for the past 4 years (with proof)
Mortgage under partner's name only (but could add mine on if need be?)
We achieve minimum threshold required
Unmarried with no children / dependents
Have 1 joint bank account together.

Thank you in advance and sorry if my first post misses out any guidelines.

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
Possible, provided you keep evidence of regular contacts (like spending every weekend together; train tickets etc), Skype log etc. You need to show continuing commitment and devotion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possible, provided you keep evidence of regular contacts (like spending every weekend together; train tickets etc), Skype log etc. You need to show continuing commitment and devotion.
Would it help if
i) my name is put on the mortgage?

or

ii) we got married? - we have plans for this in the future anyway but would prefer to do it on our own terms and time frame rather than rushing it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
#1 Possibly but not essential.
#2 Again maybe.
There is no need to disclose you are living apart during the week, provided you show enough evidence of cohabitation, like joint bills etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.