Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All :)

I'm new to this forum and happy to say that I get a lot of information from this site.

I have been planning to migrate to OZ and am in the starting stage only. I've checked with some consultants and all the 3 gave me a different picture. But after some homework also I found abt the MODL confusions going on now.

Im planning to make my wife the main applicant since she holds a computer degree and has more than 5 years exp in IT. She also got more than 1 yr exp in java which makes her eligible for MODL points.

But right now the confusion is regarding the MODL changes. If I submit to ACS now and get the results after 3 months only, what will happen if the MODL changes in between.

So I'm in a confused state whether to apply now or to wait till the MODL changes have come. If in case they are removing the whole MODL from the process (which can be a possibility according to their review), we may not get enough points for migration. So the money we spend now for ACS will be waste. But I hear so many saying to apply ASAP.

Please suggest. :(
Also any idea when the new MODL will be published. Was it supposed to be out by OCT 2009?

Regards,
Sunil

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sunil,

The MODL review was supposed to be completed by the end of October 2009.

Now the target date is by the end of 2009...

Regards
Peter

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Sunil

It is a gamble which you have to play.. we applied for our application when timeline was different, it was much faster. then in Jan there was CSL introduced which changed our timline and our application was thrown way back in the que.. we applied for state sponsorship, byt he time we got it in sept this year, there was new processing priority introduced the very same month..

what i am trying to say is, you got to take a chance, what if the skill remains in MODL and you wasted too much time, there are new regulations/procedure for assessment starting Jan.. you got to take the risk.. my suggestion would be to go for it, dont expect it to happen overnight, it will take time but you will make it

anj

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Sunil

It is a gamble which you have to play.. we applied for our application when timeline was different, it was much faster. then in Jan there was CSL introduced which changed our timline and our application was thrown way back in the que.. we applied for state sponsorship, byt he time we got it in sept this year, there was new processing priority introduced the very same month..

what i am trying to say is, you got to take a chance, what if the skill remains in MODL and you wasted too much time, there are new regulations/procedure for assessment starting Jan.. you got to take the risk.. my suggestion would be to go for it, dont expect it to happen overnight, it will take time but you will make it

anj
Hi Anj

Sorry to hear about your case - it's a bit of a moving goalposts at the moment. I have a few clients in somewhat the same boat as you.

It's not something I think is fair, but sometimes we need to bite the bullet and hope for the best.

Hope your visa is granted soon.

Regards
Peter

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Peter, i really am not complaining, i really believe in destiny and maybe i have to be in India right now :). infact I am trying to move on, i have kept another year and half in mind, I think that is the kind of time that my application would take.. and as things always go for me, i am sure the day i get a new car (in process of buying one) we will hear form the CO.. Life plays games.. wicked one and its best if we accept them and move on

But sweet of you to comment on it :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anj,

Completely agreed with you.

I have been associated with this forum for more than 18 months, but in no single instance Anj was cursing her time for the delay. I am greatly helped by her suggestions and gained confidence when DIAC tried to make the process more stringent. I really want to appreciate her for her valuable suggestions right from ACS, IELTS, Case filing, CO allocation, and Visa Grant.

As Anj said Life plays games, the time CO allocated, I was blessed with baby and immediately I had to travel to US. I was in a pressure cooker situation until my visa granted on 3rd July.

All I want to say is - don't get frustrated and don't loose hopes..joy is on your way.

-Shankar

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
well said shankar :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.. I might start the process early January...

And its true Anj.. Life plays games.. but it is because of those games, our success becomes more sweeter..

Hope your's and everyone's visas are granted soon.. and mine too :)

Sunil

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello Friends,
I have read a thread on PomsInOz Australia Migration & Expat Forum where one of the member has put forth some info reagrding the new MODL.
The member attended aus immi fair in europe 1-2 weeks before and he had a chat with the DIAC people. They said that they had completed the review for the new MODL and handed the report to Chris Evans. They said it is upto him whether he wants the new list to be effective from new year or say march which is the normal time when MODL is revised. If he wants it effective from Jan then he willl probably announce it around Dec end.
This is purely based on the info given by the member and it may be true or not. I do not intend to tell people that they take their decision based on this info.
But incase if it helped.
Thanks...
KK...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks KK for the info.. :) Hope the new change doesn't bring us more problems..

·
Registered
11 Posts
addition

Hello,

In addition to this thread, I need to ask a question, I have applied for 886, as my wife is done with her studies, and got a letter that I am on bridging visa, however, our study visa will expire in May '10

I need to know if there are any changes to MODL, will it effect my application as well, since I have already filed for my residency? as she has done MIS in distinction.:confused2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts