Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am a newbie here on this site, but not a newbie to Expat assignments.
I am considering an expat offer with my company, that will have me in St. John's for awhile, and then they want us to move to the SMALL town of Clarenville to be closer to the work.

I can't seem to find any expat threads on Clarenville, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge of the place?

I would be moving there with my wife and 10 month old daughter.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm only seeing this post now! I'm from Newfoundland and have visited Clarenville many times. The town is on the small side, but by Newfoundland standards it's fairly populated for a place outside of the Avalon Peninsula. All the necessary amenities are within easy reach - hospital, Wal-Mart, Sobey's, fast food chains, etc.

You could make a pretty happy life there if you are into outdoorsy things. White Hills Ski Resort is great and is just outside town. It's not too intimidating so it's a good place to learn to ski if you are new to it. Clarenville is also a popular ski-dooing destination for riders all over the province. Terra Nova National Park and the Terra Nova Golf Resort are less than an hour away. Recreational hunting and fishing are also popular.

Otherwise St. John's is a 2 hour drive away so you can get to the city in a day without having to make a weekend of it.

The Town Of Clarenville | Home

Hope this is of use to you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.