Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

has anyone got any info with/on TRA ??, How to get in touch, experience what are they wanting from you as a Tiler?.

I'm multi traded as gas safe/corgi as some people may still know it as for gas work, electrician, Tiler.

No really knowing what profession to apply my skills assessment for as can't apply multi occupation. I'm propably going to apply under my Tiling but any advice we would love.

Please help !!!

Tony and Danni

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there Tony and Danni,

Have you thought about asking an agent which one of your skills would be best to use for your application. It's very important to pick the right one. TBH floating around in the back of my mind is the thought that you have to apply under the job you are doing at the moment.....but I may be wrong. I remember reading something about that but it was a long time ago and things change so quickly sometimes it's hard to keep up!

Hopefully some bright spark will be able to clairfy :D

Dolly

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi there Tony and Danni,

Have you thought about asking an agent which one of your skills would be best to use for your application. It's very important to pick the right one. TBH floating around in the back of my mind is the thought that you have to apply under the job you are doing at the moment.....but I may be wrong. I remember reading something about that but it was a long time ago and things change so quickly sometimes it's hard to keep up!

Hopefully some bright spark will be able to clairfy :D

Dolly
Hi Yes from what ive read you have to be doing THE job you are applying for a visa in for a yr before you apply... solid 12 mths out of 24 mths working in that area. (have i said thsi b 4? sorry:confused:) its the recent change i believe,
i would see an agent if the application is anything less than straight forward as ours will be lol:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We've been advise that it's fine for Tony to apply under his tiling trade as have to do more that 20 hours a week, for the last 12 months out of the 24 months, and tony does more than this amount of work per with all trading records and accounts proving so, not his fav but hopefully we will be able to open our own business out their as do here and get in running sucessful as we do here. Business Good for us weather not - nice to see snow but everything came to a stop whats that all about. We are move in the fast lane to be sitting at home waiting on weather to improve !!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Makes you wonder how they go on in russia dousn't it lol.... they dont have days off work/school because the roads are screwed! hee hee this country really does leave a lot to be desired....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts