Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little tri-coloured cat that lives in the parking of my building, now has four little kittens running about with her. I 'think' there's one tri-coloured, two black and white and one ginger kitten - all have the massive bat ears lol

I will be taking mum to get spayed at the vets in the next couple of weeks.

Would anyone offer up a home to any of these guys?

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
The little tri-coloured cat that lives in the parking of my building, now has four little kittens running about with her. I 'think' there's one tri-coloured, two black and white and one ginger kitten - all have the massive bat ears lol

I will be taking mum to get spayed at the vets in the next couple of weeks.

Would anyone offer up a home to any of these guys?
Contact Bin Kitty or Feline Friends they'll be able to offer you reduced rates for the spay. As for the babies, if they're feral it might be better to get them into fostering first and then adoption, but I'm not sure about when they can be separated from mum.

Post on the BK facebook page, there's some quite experienced people who'll be able to give you a lot better advice than I can.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
What will you do with the babies when you take her to be spayed? You have to be careful they don't wander off. I don't think you will be able to bring her back the same day. There's also 'Cats of Dubai'. Most vets will give you a charity rate if you explain the situation to them.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been in contact with BKC and they're sorting the vets for me. I've been mulling over the kittens whilst mum is at the vets - not sure to be honest.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Can they offer any help? Are they teeny tiny? Just thinking if they are really lil 'uns, perhaps you could kind of cordone them off in the garden or something like that?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks looper. Sadly there are now quite a few stray cats with kittens in our community. We're trying to get them all neutered to control the population. I feel sad for them though.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Thanks looper. Sadly there are now quite a few stray cats with kittens in our community. We're trying to get them all neutered to control the population. I feel sad for them though.
Problem is that we can all only do a little. The year before last, someone was putting wee kitties (and they were teeny) over my wall during the summer. There was no sign of a mother and I ended up having to have three euthanized and one was already dead so I put it in a shoe box and in the bin. It was horrible!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts