Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an english person living in Brittany, France and would to get to know a few people that have made the move from France to Oz .

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm an english person living in Brittany, France and would to get to know a few people that have made the move from France to Oz .
Hi! My partner is French and we recently moved to Oz. I am sure he'd be happy to give you some information but you would have to be a bit more specific about what you'd like to know. We did however live in the UK before coming here so it wasn't a direct move from France to Oz, if that matters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! My partner is French and we recently moved to Oz. I am sure he'd be happy to give you some information but you would have to be a bit more specific about what you'd like to know. We did however live in the UK before coming here so it wasn't a direct move from France to Oz, if that matters.
It would be good to have a comparasion with lifestyles between france and Oz as England is not in the same as france for this.

We are not well off. my husband had a small building firm in France but it is very hard for a small business to make a living. What we do not want to do is to go half way around the world to be worse off.

I do not wether you have any children, we do and france gives alot for child benefit compared to UK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It would be good to have a comparasion with lifestyles between france and Oz as England is not in the same as france for this.

We are not well off. my husband had a small building firm in France but it is very hard for a small business to make a living. What we do not want to do is to go half way around the world to be worse off.

I do not wether you have any children, we do and france gives alot for child benefit compared to UK.
I am afraid we won't be of much help as we don't have any children nor a business. The best is probably to read all the sticky notes at the top of this forum, which will give you an idea of what is involved of moving down here. Also, you will probably get more info on benefits etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts