Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just would like to know if anyone on this forum needs to apply for PCC in Hong Kong?

I would like to know something about the referral letter that the police station here needs in order to issue you a police clearance certificate.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

In my opinion it would be a Letter from CO asking for PCC.

You would get this letter when CO is assigned and your file is reviewed.

CO will send you a letter explicitly asking for Hong Kong PCC. This has to be presented to the concerned police station.

Hey, I just would like to know if anyone on this forum needs to apply for PCC in Hong Kong?

I would like to know something about the referral letter that the police station here needs in order to issue you a police clearance certificate.

Reactions: venuri

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my opinion it would be a Letter from CO asking for PCC.

You would get this letter when CO is assigned and your file is reviewed.

CO will send you a letter explicitly asking for Hong Kong PCC. This has to be presented to the concerned police station.
Hey Jeeten bro, thanks for replying. But if you wait till a CO is assigned to your case, he would give you 28 days to get your PCC done and submitted to his office. My concern is that the HK police says it would take 4 working weeks in total to process my request and send the PCC to the CO.

I just wanna get this done ASAP. I have heard that some people managed to get their PCC done using the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER.

But on my acknowledgement letter, nothingabout a PCC is needed for the application is mentioend anywhere, therefore making it hard to be presented as a referral letter. Unless people's acknowledgement letters are different?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

This 28 days period can be extended further. You just have to provide the copy of PCC application receipt to CO.

Acknowledgement letters would be same for all.

You might have to talk it through with them, by providing Invite Letter/Acknowledgement letter copies.

Hey Jeeten bro, thanks for replying. But if you wait till a CO is assigned to your case, he would give you 28 days to get your PCC done and submitted to his office. My concern is that the HK police says it would take 4 working weeks in total to process my request and send the PCC to the CO.

I just wanna get this done ASAP. I have heard that some people managed to get their PCC done using the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER.

But on my acknowledgement letter, nothingabout a PCC is needed for the application is mentioend anywhere, therefore making it hard to be presented as a referral letter. Unless people's acknowledgement letters are different?

·
Registered
75 Posts

Hi redsato!

I am also applying for HK PCC and we've got exactly the same problem. So how did you go about it? Were you able to apply using the acknowledgment letter?

I am a May application but haven't got a CO yet so same as you I'd like to get it done as it takes time.

Thanks!
avp

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would like to know it too. I'm on my way to submit EOI.

As I recall that I read some threads, they provide invitation letter to apply PCC, but not sure this is applicable in Hong Kong.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would like to know it too. I'm on my way to submit EOI.

As I recall that I read some threads, they provide invitation letter to apply PCC, but not sure this is applicable in Hong Kong.
Looking at the HK Police's website, it was clearly stated below that you should have a letter indicating that a PCC is required, which of course we don't have in the Acknowledgement letter:

c) The original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of a letter from the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority, which contains his or her name and clearly indicates that the production of the Certificate is required.

So I'd like to know if someone actually did this and get through this.. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have applied for HK PCC using the letter provided by CO. I am may 7th 189 applicant. Dispatched the documents to HK on 1st july , they reached on 9th July . Hope they will be under processing by HK police deptt.

The hardest part for me was to get bank draft for fees. No bank was ready to make one. Had to use Indian connections to get it done finally, and mailed it by someone from India ot me. That delayed by at least a week. Praying that it will go through , and I wont have to send another application. I used to have many friends in HK in past, but none now who could help me with a local bank draft

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have applied for HK PCC using the letter provided by CO. I am may 7th 189 applicant. Dispatched the documents to HK on 1st july , they reached on 9th July . Hope they will be under processing by HK police deptt.

The hardest part for me was to get bank draft for fees. No bank was ready to make one. Had to use Indian connections to get it done finally, and mailed it by someone from India ot me. That delayed by at least a week. Praying that it will go through , and I wont have to send another application. I used to have many friends in HK in past, but none now who could help me with a local bank draft
Did you asked your CO to provide you this letter?

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks farerpark for this info! Hope you got your grant soon!

I plan to try with my acknowledgement letter this Thursday, as I have heard from other sources that someone managed to pull it off. They said you could just tell the officer that you would tell them where to send the letter later.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I plan to try with my acknowledgement letter this Thursday, as I have heard from other sources that someone managed to pull it off. They said you could just tell the officer that you would tell them where to send the letter later.
I got my first correspondence with my CO yesterday and he gave the request letter right away. Now I went to HK Police for the CNCC and they really look for this letter, but as you mentioned, you can try the acknowledgment of the visa application and just inform them that you'll provide the letter later, not sure though if it would work. Good luck!

·
Registered
75 Posts
How will I know if the CO has received it, additionally, how will I know when to press the "Request Complete" button in the ImmiAccount to inform the CO that it is ready for assessment again. My assumption is the "Character, Evidence of" status will changed from "Requested" to "Received" when he received it. Anybody had this case?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi

Just from previous experience for working abroad, the 4-week period declared by HK Police can be "CHUR".

I managed to get it within 2 weeks during 2012 due to some urgent problems on my visa in the working country (in Asia).

If you feel worried, you may call the line and express your reason. I call him every 2nd day and in the end they make it faster than I expect.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How will I know if the CO has received it, additionally, how will I know when to press the "Request Complete" button in the ImmiAccount to inform the CO that it is ready for assessment again. My assumption is the "Character, Evidence of" status will changed from "Requested" to "Received" when he received it. Anybody had this case?
You can call to HK Police to ask for the status anytime. Ask in a friendly way and he will answer you.

Besides, may I ask one question, how do you compare IELTS and PTA English exams?
I hope to hear some opinions from HK people.

Thanks a lot!!!;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi how did you reply to the CO's request for the PCC?

did you just scan and upload the receipt, and then press the Information Complete button?

Did you tell the CO that it would take 1 month for the PCC to be mailed ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can call to HK Police to ask for the status anytime. Ask in a friendly way and he will answer you.

Besides, may I ask one question, how do you compare IELTS and PTA English exams?
I hope to hear some opinions from HK people.

Thanks a lot!!!
Thanks yik05 for that info!

PTE-A is way easier than IELTS, I got Superior English right away on the first try while I've taken IELTS thrice and only got Proficient level!

Reactions: yik05

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi how did you reply to the CO's request for the PCC?

did you just scan and upload the receipt, and then press the Information Complete button?

Did you tell the CO that it would take 1 month for the PCC to be mailed ?

I haven't replied yet and I don't know how as well. I believe I should be replying back to the email he provided stating the CNCC will take a month and attach the receipt as well. I don't think we should click the Info Complete at this moment as the CNCC is still in progress. Anyone had experience on this?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I haven't replied yet and I don't know how as well. I believe I should be replying back to the email he provided stating the CNCC will take a month and attach the receipt as well. I don't think we should click the Info Complete at this moment as the CNCC is still in progress. Anyone had experience on this?

Yeah I intend to do the same. I sent email to HK police last night hoping for some response which I will then use as evidence. No response so far.

Apart from replying to CO on email and attaching the evidence there, I am also going to upload it in documents section in immi account . There is a category listed there for uploading evidence of efforts made to obtain PCC.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts