Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Tuesday my husband and I went to apply in person for our FLR(M) extension. The application was submitted and his biometrics taken within an hour. We were then asked to leave at 1pm and wait for a phonecall. 4pm arrived and we hadn't received a call so we decided to go back and ask what was happening. Turns out they had apparently tried to call us 10 mins before (that didn't fill me with confidence as we had been staring at our phones all day!)

We went into a room and were told they couldn't make a decision today :faint2: I was shocked. At first the guy wouldn't say much but as we asked more questions he said "your application is fine, you meet all the requirements" and he didn't require any more info and didn't ask us any questions either. He said "it's nothing you should be concerned about" but there was something on the system in India that they should have cleared last time and he hadn't been able to contact them that day. He said "I should find 15 minutes tomorrow (Weds) to finalise it". Well it's Friday now and we've heard nothing. It's just so typical! I just want it to be done and not have to think about it anymore.

What should we do now? Who can we contact to enquire about why it's taking so long when clearly the application was absolutely fine?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.

What can we do? How can we contact them?

It's been a week and we've still heard nothing! They have my passport too which I only agreed to after being reassured it would be dealt with the next day/swiftly.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Bump.

What can we do? How can we contact them?

It's been a week and we've still heard nothing! They have my passport too which I only agreed to after being reassured it would be dealt with the next day/swiftly.
Maybe get in touch with your local MP and get him/her to chase this up and apply some pressure in getting some information out of them?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for your reply. I had forgotten we could do that!

I just contacted my local MP's office and have an email address to send them all the details of our case and info about what happened that day. The lady took it all very seriously which was good.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Chasing up immigration matter is one of the most frequently asked services of MPs.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Good to know Joppa. I've sent a detailed email over now so hopefully they get it sorted for us asap.
Hope you get some news back fairly quickly, some MP's take weeks to get back to you. Getting anything back on you're application is like talking to a brick wall at times.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks j4v3d! Hopefully we won't need their help now as I checked the application status again (it said Awaiting a decision at 2pm today) and it now says "Decided". Yay!

Seems like it took their system a while to update because it says updated 20 August 2017 (so Sunday, which is odd)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.