Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm working on compiling my visa stuff for us to uk spouse visa. I'm trying to avoid a lawyer cause the cost is really gonna eat into our savings and from heat I've read a us to uk app is pretty straight forward. I'm having some problems with the application understanding who's information they want? Also curious to know about what kind of documentation you guys included and such. We are using her Personal independence Payments to prove financial stability. Can any more experienced visa buddies give me a hand/ help walk me through this? Thank you all for reading!!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
To meet the adequate maintenance requirement, refer to https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._and_Accommodation_Appendix_FM_Annex_1_7A.pdf
There are plenty of threads about supporting documents for a spouse visa.
Fees in USD are $962, plus IHS for 33 months which comes to GBP 600 so $780 seems about right. Many people opt for priority service for $738 extra. While it's a lot of money, processing time at the moment is very long, running into several months, and while there is no guarantee your case will be decided in any given time, it will probably shave a month or more from your waiting time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can is ask please where you got the fee of 962? Because everything I've seen says around 1400 pounds for the visa fee and then the healthcare surcharge? Unless they group them together and I didn't realize

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you joppa! Can you answer me one more question? If I'm meeting financial requirements through adequate maitenence the amount I will need to prove is 116 over my rent right? In the house there will be me, my wife, and her mother living.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Mother-in-law doesn't count. So you need £114.75 per week after paying rent and council tax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.