Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone,
Im sorry but I have another silly question about living in spain.
This one is, Do you need to pay some form of premium to have full health care in spain when you move there? If so, how and where do you apply for it?
Thank you x:D

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
You either need to pay for private health care, work as self employed, whereby you pay autonomo, or you have an employment contract and your employer deducts money of healthcare

The S1 reciprocal agreement with the UK is being stopped early next year I believe and that would cover you for a year or so - depending on your UK contributions

Jo xxx

·
Administrator
36,541 Posts
You either need to pay for private health care, work as self employed, whereby you pay autonomo, or you have an employment contract and your employer deducts money of healthcare

The S1 reciprocal agreement with the UK is being stopped early next year I believe and that would cover you for a year or so - depending on your UK contributions

Jo xxx
yes that's pretty much it - unless you're a state pensioner in which case you get an S1 still

Good evening everyone,
Im sorry but I have another silly question about living in spain.
This one is, Do you need to pay some form of premium to have full health care in spain when you move there? If so, how and where do you apply for it?
Thank you x:D
iirc you get some kind of disability allowance?

if that's transportable you might get an S1 as part of that & access state healthcare that way

if you do qualify - you register as resident, then apply for a SS number, then go to the local centro de salud to register

again, if you qualify, it's free, but you pay a percentage of prescription costs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes that's pretty much it - unless you're a state pensioner in which case you get an S1 still

iirc you get some kind of disability allowance?

if that's transportable you might get an S1 as part of that & access state healthcare that way

if you do qualify - you register as resident, then apply for a SS number, then go to the local centro de salud to register

again, if you qualify, it's free, but you pay a percentage of prescription

costs
Hi I get a war pension and a naval disability pension, does that change anything do you know? X

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
For further advice, contact the Overseas Healthcare Team (Newcastle):

Overseas Healthcare Team (Newcastle)
Room TC001
Tyneview Park
Whitley Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE98 1BA

Phone 0191 218 1999 (Monday to Friday 8am-5pm).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts