Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Davis1 answered a question I had about money and visa costs (Money Query)and I have thanked them.. but I have another question or two regarding citizenship and sponsoring...... is it easy to complete the required forms or would we have to pay for someone to do them.. and after managing to find some info regarding sponsors it appears my daughter at the moment is just under the required amount but 2 people have offered to help sponsor me, what I would like to know is should I use just one of them or have the info for both?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Please name your threads. It makes it easier for other posters to search specific items. Thank you.

Sponsoring will be needed for your Green Card application. This gives you all the details. Read through application and instructions carefully. Let us know iof you have questions.
USCIS - I-134, Affidavit of Support

US Naturilization is fairly straight forward as long as the applicant takes due diligence to prepare the application, back up documentation and studies for the exam.
USCIS - Citizenship Through Naturalization

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Davis1 answered a question I had about money and visa costs (Money Query)and I have thanked them.. but I have another question or two regarding citizenship and sponsoring...... is it easy to complete the required forms or would we have to pay for someone to do them.. and after managing to find some info regarding sponsors it appears my daughter at the moment is just under the required amount but 2 people have offered to help sponsor me, what I would like to know is should I use just one of them or have the info for both?
Thanks in advance.
Your daughter will still be the main sponsor but you can add a co sponsor ...
but ensure they know the facts .....they will be guaranteeing the US goverment
they will pay to them an unlimited sum for an unlimited time ... if need me ..
nobody in their right mind would sign that

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your answer twostep.. haven't replied before due to work.

Davis1 I feel your answer is a bit presumptuous and negative - I don't recall saying anything about anyone actually paying for me and I can assure you that even if they were they have more than enough. I only asked because my daughter does not earn enough on her own and I have been led to believe that uscis does not really take my funds into account.
And what exactly are you referring to when you state "they will be guaranteeing the US goverment they will pay to them an unlimited sum for an unlimited time ... if need me ..
nobody in their right mind would sign that "
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Thank you for your answer twostep.. haven't replied before due to work.

Davis1 I feel your answer is a bit presumptuous and negative - I don't recall saying anything about anyone actually paying for me and I can assure you that even if they were they have more than enough. I only asked because my daughter does not earn enough on her own and I have been led to believe that uscis does not really take my funds into account.
And what exactly are you referring to when you state "they will be guaranteeing the US goverment they will pay to them an unlimited sum for an unlimited time ... if need me ..
nobody in their right mind would sign that "
Thanks.

USCIS - Affidavit of Support

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864.pdf

There are time limits for co-sponsors. Read through the actual application.

USCIS - I-134, Affidavit of Support

1 - 6 of 6 Posts