Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi expats,

New dude in UAE. First time expat (EVER). Been about 8 weeks now. Day I landed was first day at work. Have not had the time to stop working and head out to socialize and not sure where to begin. This may not be an appropriate thread to post in but here's hoping to making new friends at least.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
<Snip>

I've been here for nine years with a solid group of friends, but I still go to a meetup event every now and then. IT's a great way to meet new people.

Hi expats,

New dude in UAE. First time expat (EVER). Been about 8 weeks now. Day I landed was first day at work. Have not had the time to stop working and head out to socialize and not sure where to begin. This may not be an appropriate thread to post in but here's hoping to making new friends at least.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi expats,

Nice to meet you. :) I've travelled to Dubai many, many times on business and now I'm finally relocating permanently on June 28th. British female here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, thanks for stopping by. I'm getting the hang of the lifestyle here now lol good luck on the move. You'll be working I take it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll be moving over to Dubai in September with a male and female colleague so would be happy to meet up and have a beer, or two ;-)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey,

I've been here for about 9 or 10 months now and found that one of the best ways to meet people is sporting groups. There was a thread on expat forums for people wanting to play footy which I went along to and now it's a weekly thing with a great bunch of guys - so I'd definitely recommend that approach.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
This thread title has worried my every time I see it.

You should not be "literally" biting the dust. We are not required to do it in the Sandpit.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
This thread title has worried my every time I see it.

You should not be "literally" biting the dust. We are not required to do it in the Sandpit.
I thought this thread was about LEAVING Dubai.
We used to say " another one bites the dust" when a company folded or somebody was made redundant (back in Europe that was).

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I thought this thread was about LEAVING Dubai.
We used to say " another one bites the dust" when a company folded or somebody was made redundant (back in Europe that was).
I should have put more smilies ;)
I hate it when people use the word "literally" liberally, and yes - in this case the title was misleading on two counts :D

Now that I am done being the grammar nazi, I will go in my corner.:plane:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts