Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I and my son just received copies of our acte de naissance in March from the local consulate as well as the livret de famille for our family. I applied online for official copies from Nantes, but we received a letter a few weeks later saying that the record did not appear at the "service central d'etat civil."

The letter said I could send documents to create a dossier to get the official copy. My questions is, Did I apply too soon? Should I re-apply now? Or, should I go ahead and send the documents they requested?

I read elsewhere here that Nantes is experiencing a delay in registering foreign birth certificates, so that's the reason I'm asking. I am hoping to have a passport by this fall, and this is the last step. Any help you all may have will be appreciated.

Merci,
WaveProfesora

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Hello!

I and my son just received copies of our acte de naissance in March from the local consulate as well as the livret de famille for our family. I applied online for official copies from Nantes, but we received a letter a few weeks later saying that the record did not appear at the "service central d'etat civil."

The letter said I could send documents to create a dossier to get the official copy. My questions is, Did I apply too soon? Should I re-apply now? Or, should I go ahead and send the documents they requested?

I read elsewhere here that Nantes is experiencing a delay in registering foreign birth certificates, so that's the reason I'm asking. I am hoping to have a passport by this fall, and this is the last step. Any help you all may have will be appreciated.

Merci,
WaveProfesora
I've had the same problem and it's been more than 15 months. It may be a little early for yours, but I would suggest you contact the Consulate. (My dossier was forwarded to Nantes with the appropriately signed covering letter in February 2014 by the Tribunal d'Instance here, but the file has clearly gone missing. I've been back to the Tribunal and they have sent another copy of the file. Nantes may be 'experiencing a delay', I was in fact told that by my local Mairie, but frankly I think they're in a complete mess. No harm in sending the paperwork again (perhaps with a note that it was originally sent in March and explaining that you need a passport).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent and e-mail to the consulate and got a reply. Apparently, I applied too soon. They were able to tell me the date that the certificates were sent. I don't know if that will help anyone, but the certificates were transcribed March 1 and submitted March 24. I just applied again to Nantes for a copie integrale, so we'll see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts