Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we have only just joined this forum but it looks very interesting and we are looking forward to joining in. Our friends told us about another expat site they are members of, which we thought about joining but changed out minds after they told us that for no reason whatsoever the chap who runs it, Simon?, banned them for just replying to a question giving a recommendation which someone had asked for and apparently he did this to someone else they know just for saying the wrong thing, they happened to comment that the site was very odd and that they were frightened of saying the wrong thing without getting either their heads snapped off or banned for no reason, although others seem to get away with saying and doing anything, i.e. free advertising etc!

We have recently moved to the area and don't wish to get involved in politics and whether your face fits or not but we heard that your forum is very fair minded and from reading some comments both on here and the other site, it seems that this forum is genuine and is run by people who won't ban you if your face doesn't fit or you aren't in the clique so to speak...hope we are right!

Thanks everyone and have a good day:)

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
This is without one of the best forums I've come across!! Everyone on here is friendly and willing to help and give info if they can!

Jo xxx

·
Banned
905 Posts

Hi, we have only just joined this forum but it looks very interesting and we are looking forward to joining in. Our friends told us about another expat site they are members of, which we thought about joining but changed out minds after they told us that for no reason whatsoever the chap who runs it, Simon?, banned them for just replying to a question giving a recommendation which someone had asked for and apparently he did this to someone else they know just for saying the wrong thing, they happened to comment that the site was very odd and that they were frightened of saying the wrong thing without getting either their heads snapped off or banned for no reason, although others seem to get away with saying and doing anything, i.e. free advertising etc!

We have recently moved to the area and don't wish to get involved in politics and whether your face fits or not but we heard that your forum is very fair minded and from reading some comments both on here and the other site, it seems that this forum is genuine and is run by people who won't ban you if your face doesn't fit or you aren't in the clique so to speak...hope we are right!

Hi Happyaslarry

Let me say I AM BANNED for what you may ask? My user name was PETERFC and i wanted to change to peterfc. Simple or so it seems. i publicly declared that i was not going to use PETERFC again. I reregistered as peterfc and made my first post and i was banned for having "Multi user names". At the end of the day Simon owns the site and he can make the rules. On this very forum i asked to change my user name and i had no problem.

That said go on to Simons site do a search for my user name and read my 665 posts you may find part of the reason 666.

Please after joining don't just have a look but be active you will find some help from people just like you and me " Ok and Mr Blueskies as well " Read the post about the Radio show. It's on a Saturday morning.

Below is a link to a post that may show the humour you will find here so don't go away.

Peter the ex 666 man

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/po...-living-portugal/35636-why-not-mens-club.html

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
forum

Hi Peter, thanks for the links and we laughed out loud after reading some of it, you obviously have a good sense of humour and perhaps that guy simon needs to get a life as he sounds like he is power mad and only wants his clique around him better just leave him to it folk like that aren't worth bothering about sounds like he has a massive chip on his shoulder....after reading some of your posts on the other site, it seems like you helped a lot of people on that other forum but their loss is obviously our gain and glad we found this great site, looking forward to joing in. By the way does it always rain so much at this time of year?

·
Banned
533 Posts
Not in the last few years but the previsions for this one is rain in general until mid May. It seems that we will have a very wet winter and spring this year

·
Banned
905 Posts

Hi Happyaslarry

I am still in Liverpool till i retire in March/ April. I am glad you find we like to have fun here and i am sure you will be glad you found your way. The Moderators are all nice people. The main rule is do not advertise and when in dought ask or Pm a moderator.

Rain you want to see the UK it has ground to a halt with a bit of snow.

Peter

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome Larry or is it Happy? We´re not a bad bunch on here.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
i´m bad real bad:rolleyes:!sorry you came to this forum !cause ? you will have to put up with me :eyebrows:welcome/bemvindo to the forum, join in we won't charge you anymore for it :D

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, you will find that we are a freindly bunch in here, although there are a couple of excentric members too, which makes it even more fun....but i wont mention any names............:D:eyebrows:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, you will find that we are a freindly bunch in here, although there are a couple of excentric members too, which makes it even more fun....but i wont mention any names............:D:eyebrows:
come on don't be shy ! name the excentric ones...i´ll have a men to men talk with them:D:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
come on don't be shy ! name the excentric ones...i´ll have a men to men talk with them:D:D
Hi Happyaslarry,
until certain people started a thread about a mens club, this forum was I believe sophisticated, well-meaning, useful and above all one of class. It has now degenerated into one of fun, evil, double entendres and perhaps the best thing that has happened to Portugal!!!! Long may it continue. I haven't had so much fun for ages. We were somewhat worried that our moderator would turf us out, but it seems he is as bad as the rest of us!!!!!!!!! Sorry Omostra! We promise not to drag your forum down too much.

Signed by fmarks, shoemanpete, silvers, peterfc. All plead guilty now.

Byeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Happyaslarry,
until certain people started a thread about a mens club, this forum was I believe sophisticated, well-meaning, useful and above all one of class. It has now degenerated into one of fun, evil, double entendres and perhaps the best thing that has happened to Portugal!!!! Long may it continue. I haven't had so much fun for ages. We were somewhat worried that our moderator would turf us out, but it seems he is as bad as the rest of us!!!!!!!!! Sorry Omostra! We promise not to drag your forum down too much.

Signed by fmarks, shoemanpete, silvers, peterfc. All plead guilty now.

Byeeeeeeeeee
I!M NOT GUILTY.i'm a classy gentlemen:D i could not agree with you more on how this forum was except you forgot ....BORING,BORING,BORING now its less boring:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
68 Posts

Thanks everyone and have a good day:)
I signed up for that other site first and was never approved- maybe because I'm not in Portugal yet? Found this site and have really enjoyed it so far. Great group of people and by searching, I've found lots of answers to my questions. :)

Nice to meet you and :welcome: !

·
Banned
905 Posts
I signed up for that other site first and was never approved- maybe because I'm not in Portugal yet? Found this site and have really enjoyed it so far. Great group of people and by searching, I've found lots of answers to my questions. :)

Nice to meet you and :welcome: !
Nice that you found us, we like having a bit of fun i hope that does not put you of.

Peterfc

·
Registered
710 Posts
has it become more fun here without Mr Blueskies???:D

Iam sure he will tell me off for that one....:rolleyes:

This is a fun forum thanks to our collection of regular members who all have very strange and crazy sense of humours....:D long may it continue....

Although I just had to put my fun Police hat on, in another thread as you boys were starting to get a little too excited......:eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes welcom this is a very good site iam still stuck in uk yet but hopefully not for long this site has helped me a lot and you will always get a reply

1 - 20 of 20 Posts