Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there's a list somewhere of un/acceptable animal traps?

Fortunately I heard him & liberated him, otherwise one of my cats would have been my neighbour's supper tonight. If he (my neighbour) finds out I went on to his property, he'll probably take me to court for trespass.

Thanks for info ...

H

·
Registered
594 Posts
pictures needed

Trapping pets is illegal. Report to police for animal cruelty, pictures....

plastic Bottles full of water should keep pets away from the garden of your neighbour, but very ugly. Alternative is strongly scented plants: lavander,...

Only animals classified legally as pests can be trapped.
Wild Protected species, even dead, cannot be transported neither kept under custody or care. Frogs are protected species in France.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trapping pets is illegal. Report to police for animal cruelty, pictures....

plastic Bottles full of water should keep pets away from the garden of your neighbour, but very ugly. Alternative is strongly scented plants: lavander,...

Only animals classified legally as pests can be trapped.
Wild Protected species, even dead, cannot be transported neither kept under custody or care. Frogs are protected species in France.
yeah, well, I know that but sadly my neighbour either doesn't know or doesn't care - I suspect the latter, since the Gendarmes and the Mairie have already been involved in his anti-my-cats activities, and he's well known for shooting and poisoning local household and farm livestock as well.

I agree photos might prove the point, but to whom? Even when the gendarmes/sapeurs/maire were here and could clearly hear trapped cats in his cellar, whilst he denied absolutely that there were any animals in his cellar and absolutely forbade anyone (cops etc) to enter his property without his express consent, f* all got done.

Ideas?

H

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.