Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I am considering studying at the ENJMIN in Angouleme and wanted to ask about living in the area.

1. Where to look for apartments?
2. are there many expats in the area?
3. weather - I spent 4 winters in Paris, and don't care to repeat that! What is weather like overall?
4. What do you love about the area?

I never visited Angouleme, but I've lived in France, (Paris, Grenoble, Serres in Alpes d'haute Provence) and I already speak French.

Do you know anything also, about being able to apply for French citizenship after a masters degree in France (2 years)?

Best regards,
Natasha

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello,

It's me you messaged me remember I also speak Russian... I live about 15 KM from Angouleme . Angouleme is the capital of Dept 16 and the the first thing to say about it is that bande dessinee and its annual festival..many many years ago they used to produce paper there etc.. Anyways, Angouleme is pretty small, there is the old quarter where the streets are narrow building interesting then there is the newer additions across from the bridge, where you see all the modern immobiliers.
With the TGV you are about 1 hour and 40 minutes from Bordeaux. The past few years it did snow both in Angouleme and in surrounding regions, but usually it is not as cold there. The coldest winter I remember in Angouleme was -2C during the day but towards the middle of February you can say the winter is over in this region. I did not think anyone would want to leave Paris and come to Angouleme, to be quiet honest, there is not much happening there. In this region there are many many English expats who buy houses etc. I don't know what else to tell you if you have questions you can ask me.

Hello - I am considering studying at the ENJMIN in Angouleme and wanted to ask about living in the area.

3. weather - I spent 4 winters in Paris, and don't care to repeat that! What is weather like overall?

I never visited Angouleme, but I've lived in France, (Paris, Grenoble, Serres in Alpes d'haute Provence) and I already speak French.

Do you know anything also, about being able to apply for French citizenship after a masters degree in France (2 years)?

Best regards,
Natasha

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi!
I'm sorry I have mistaken you with someone else.. I read Natasha I thought you were the Russian woman .. I also wanted to tell you as for apartments of course you should start by looking online. I think vivastreet is a good place. I'm not familiar with the French websites yet. Although the city is small it has everything you need including hospital, shopping/ weekly bio market and of course the biocoop on rue de bordeaux if I remember correctly. The Christmas Market is popular with ppl in this region everyone from surrounding areas go there Christmas Day to buy their huitres and other things.

BTW Chalais which is like 2 stops south from Angouleme via TER has many English speaking ppl if you wanted to know and has a bio market every Monday. No Americans though.

Thank you

Best regards,
Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.