Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Malala Yousafzai was on Jon Stewart last night... I must admit I have read about her but this is the first time I actually saw her on TV...

I swear to God I have never been more impressed by another human being in my life...

A girl, from that part of the world, the strength of character and conviction, and at the age of 16...

I want to be like her...

I would recommend you watch the interview if you can...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hear hear!
I heard her being interviewed on some BBC programme and was astounded by her composure, intelligent answers, Ghandieque (if I may use this term) view of the world.

She handled the interviewer with an aplomb that belied her young age, even hard questions concerning her feelings towards the Taliban who shot her, her critics back in Pakistan and her views of Western society in the UK.

Remarkable young lady who will doubtless continue to do great things in her life.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
What is sad is the incredible number of people who find her to be part of a western conspiracy and a CIA Agent, who faked being shot. I am not talking uneducated people but well educated people who think they are very smart because they noticed pics of her after the shooting without large bandages on her head

1 - 3 of 3 Posts