Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have applied for an ancestry visa, and have received an email from Manila telling me my visa is en-route.

My wife and 2 kids did not apply at the same time, we are now having great trouble navigating the site.

On Visa type, we initially chose Work - Non-points Employment - Ancestry, but have gotten to a point where we are required to enter a sponsor - and husband/wife is not an option.

So, where are we going wrong? None of the Reasons for Visit seem to land us in the right place.

We are cutting seriously close to time. We didn't realise we would need to relinquish our passports - I was able to get a second passport for business, the family was not. Leaves us a matter of weeks before planned travel. (My visa has taken about 10 days so far, so there is some hope given it has been despatched).

B.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still stuck on UK sponsor. All internet sources seem to suggest that Work --> Employment nonPBS --> dependants > 6 months is the option. Grrrrr. So many hours I won't get back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Bangers,

How did you get around the spouse issue on the application form? We are having the exact same problem, my husband is meant to be my sponsor for the UK Ancestry Visa but there is no option to choose husband in the sponsor section. It wont let me submit the application without filling this section in either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

There is a recognised error on the website and they will not reject your application for this.

Just select any relationship on the computer, fill out the details for your spouse as sponsor, make a note of this in the comments and then amend the form when printed out by hand.

I had no issues for my wife and two kids doing this, and they acknowledge that they were aware.

Good luck. It seems so easy in retrospect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.