Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

So I've been asking questions about the Surinder Singh route recently and a few people suggested I apply under the ancestry route and save myself the headache. I've decided to not be stubborn and looked into this more thoroughly. It seems the best bet, but I have a few questions.

1) How much would be the minimum I'd have to have in my account to prove ability to sustain myself? - I have a letter of invitation to my hubby's mother's house until we both secure work (he's british) when over there, so bills wouldn't be an issue

2) How long does the amount have to be in my account before it's safe to apply? The reason I ask is because right now I'm the only one working and we live in a very expensive city so it's cutting it pretty tight, but I have a large tax refund coming to me in the next couple of weeks which would bump me into the 4-10k range. I was hoping to use that as proof of being able to sustain myself

3) Would it help if I had a job lined up before going? As more proof?

4) Would my previous general refusal of entry cause any issues with going under ancestry? Again, no form of deception, they just didn't feel I had strong enough ties with Canada.

Thank you all so much for all your help already. It's made this hole process so much easier.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.