Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have questions regarding entry date for an Ancestry visa:

1) I wish to apply to enter the UK in mid September (3 months from now) - my understanding is that with the new BRP system, I specify the date I want to enter when I apply, and will get an entry visa valid for 30 days from that date. Is that correct? Has anyone had difficulties specifying an entry date 3 months in the future? ( I ask because I previously- under the old system - had a visa issued for a date earlier than when I had asked for - it didn't matter then as I wasn't restricted to 30 days entry, but it would cause a big problem now)

2) Ancestry visa holders can apply for IDL after 5 yrs. Will entering after the first date the visa is active adversely affect the ability to do this? Eg. If I enter 4 days after my visa starts, will I be considered 4 days short of the residency requirement if I decide to apply for IDL in 5 yrs?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
#1 It's so new that we don't have much data to go on, but they should respect your travel date within 3 months and issue the vignette accordingly.
#2 With work visa (of which ancestry is one), you are normally given a leeway up to 3 months, so provided you have been in UK for 4 years and 9 months, you should be ok.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. My understanding is that a BRP is supposed to be picked within 10 days of arrival. I assume this is 10 days from arrival date requested in the visa application, as opposed to actual date of arrival if later?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.