Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please Help ::::Need few questions answered about Ancestral Visas. Some good Family Friends in the UK have just sponsored My Son for an Ancestral Visa for the UK. He did this in March 2015. Is it now possible for this same Person to sponsor My other Son and his wife. He does own a business and His own House. Is this possible or is there a time period to wait. Please advise urgently.. Thank You

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You don't need sponsorship for Ancestry visa. You don't need to show availability of accommodation - just that you have some start-up funds before you start getting paid in your UK job. Around £3,000. Is this what you are talking about?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa..... Not sure if You still around.... My Son got married in SA. His wife in South Africa still 5 years left on her passport so they wont renew it for her to change her surname to her married name. Can she still use her passport on her maiden name for an Ancestral Visa. They do have an unabridged Marriage Certificate.....Am ready to apply for Visa but dont want to be rejected on this issue...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Please Help ::::Need few questions answered about Ancestral Visas. Some good Family Friends in the UK have just sponsored My Son for an Ancestral Visa for the UK. He did this in March 2015.
May be I am wrong, but one of the requirement for a UK Ancestry visa is the applicant needs to be a Commonwealth Citizen. Since Zimbabwe left the Commonwealth years ago - how come Zimbabwean citizens can still apply for a UK Ancestry visa?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
They can through special arrangement by UK government, showing Britain's desire to welcome Zimbabwe back when the right moment arrives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.